Author Topic: Plotting Multiple Routes on the Same Map  (Read 3421 times)

Any Help Appreciated

Re: Plotting Multiple Routes on the Same Map
« Reply #30 on: 21:36:46, 11/07/20 »
If you can get Cachemap to work it is almost OS, otherwise there is no alternative but to purchase OS mapping but you can do what I do. Buy a square kilometreage allowance and then tile the maps in rectangles over the appropriate areas rather than pay for mapping of areas you do not want.

To bulk export, select all the routes you want to export at the same time, select file/export/selection then export the resulting .gps file Ready to import into whatever software you want.

Of course, you could just adopt BaseCamp as your basic tool. It can import files from a range of formats and convert them to .gps.  I use it to convert routes plotted on GoogleEarth as .kml files into .gps. Then I can outload the file  to my phone using ViewRanger, or the OS app or my Etrex.

Many thanks. I'll give that a go.

Any Help Appreciated

« Reply #31 on: 12:06:59, 13/07/20 »
Thanks for all your help everybody.

The problem is that there is absoluetly nothing out there comparable to Tracklogs.

I paid £25 one-off for an OS map for the whole of N.Wales and could easily set up the routes on one map. Only problems are that I now cannot export them as one and Tracklogs does not operate as a company.

Garmin Basecamp seems full of problems. I cannot even find where to import the routes and the OS map tiles are a recurring cost.

I have come to the conclusion that there is no solution.

Bring back Tracklogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 12:21:06, 13/07/20 »
BaseCamp solution
Create a new list to put the track in - File/New/List
Give your list a name (I use the region for planned routes and the year for completed routes)
To import - select the list then File/import.   Find the file on your computer and double click it.

Mapping - can't help but there are some good sites on free mapping for BaseCamp if you look.
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy