Author Topic: A Blast from the Past!  (Read 18947 times)

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
Re: A Blast from the Past!
« Reply #90 on: 22:52:12, 28/02/11 »
Crikey remind me to hide me pasties if you come on a walk with me  :o :o :o :o
I do love a hot traditional meal and if its a carvery or roast I am like a little kid at christmas.

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: 22:58:53, 28/02/11 »
Looks like you've already got lots of fans O0 .
I just come on here to talk rubbish most of the time  :D .
Not so sure about fans but for some weird reason I do tend to get people posting. Not complaining though.  ;)

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: 07:01:50, 01/03/11 »
Not so sure about fans but for some weird reason I do tend to get people posting. Not complaining though.  ;)

It's great to have you here and thank you for posting those amazing photos, Julie.   :) O0 O0 O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

bootson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: 10:00:25, 01/03/11 »
Just caught up with your latest pics...great stuff  O0

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #94 on: 19:13:12, 01/03/11 »
Here is a picture of my very first camping weekend in Edale, don't think the site is around any longer. I was 15 in this photo and that ridge tent was loved for many a year.

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: 20:38:19, 01/03/11 »
Looks like you've already got lots of fans O0 .
I just come on here to talk rubbish most of the time  :D .

Most or all  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Walk

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: 20:40:18, 01/03/11 »
Here is a picture of my very first camping weekend in Edale, don't think the site is around any longer. I was 15 in this photo and that ridge tent was loved for many a year.

15?  Is that a stick on tash then  :D
Walk

cuddlykoala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: 20:55:14, 01/03/11 »
15?  Is that a stick on tash then  :D

No, believe it or not had one at 11.  When traveling through the middle east airports the military use to come and sit with me and start talking. They use to think I was in their army.  Was quite an obsticle to remove, 80hrs of and 7hrs of laser and still a pain today. lol. So Piston Pete do you look like your avatar?

Julie

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #98 on: 21:50:13, 01/03/11 »
Yep, I look just like my Avatar ask anyone  ::)
Walk

yorksgal

• Veteran Member
« Reply #99 on: 22:02:14, 01/03/11 »
Yep, I look just like my Avatar ask anyone  ::)

Oh he sure does baby  ;D ;D ;D

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #100 on: 23:06:31, 01/03/11 »
Most or all  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Do my utmost best PP O0 . Let me know if I'm slipping ;D .
R.I.P. Dave.

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #101 on: 01:38:17, 02/03/11 »
Cuddlykoala I have not been as active on the forum over the last couple of weeks and I know this may seem a bit late on in the thread. I don't think anyone reading this would concider stopping corresponding with you. We all have personal lives but on here this forum is about walking and you obviously enjoy walking. I hope you continue to enjoy it on here.   
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Steelystan

« Reply #102 on: 19:18:28, 02/03/11 »
Actually, those pictures look very joyful to me above all.  So glad they've been received with warmth and support.

I have a professional acquiantance who made a similar choice and who I knew before and after she became open about her feelings at work.  She was, and I think still is, in a quite senior position in commercial IT sector, and I did quite a bit of work and business with her and her company.  I'm pleased to say that on the whole she was supported very well by her company, and I put that down to them recognising immense competence, rather than any silly political correctness.  She once told me she can take the odd bigot, (actually she could probably have duffed them up now I think of it), but she couldn't deal with insincere political correctness.  I heard she went into the public sector for a short period and met enormous prejudice and hostility - amazes me when you think of all the ridiculous stunts you hear about happening in an effort to stay politically correct, like schools deciding not to talk about Christmas in case you offend someone of a non-christian faith etc etc.  Anyway, she certainly turned up a bit later back in the commercial sector and has continued to be very successful.  I remember telling a colleague, who met her long after this change, that at first I found her inspirational but not anymore.  He was a bit taken aback and asked me why I didn't feel like that now.  I said, in the end, I just found her good company, and that means more.
178/214.

HumperLumper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #103 on: 19:31:26, 02/03/11 »
Well said  O0

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #104 on: 19:49:10, 02/03/11 »
Working in the public sector I'm sorry to say that I think the policy makes it worse. We have to have half day training courses on how to treat each other decently, which the cynic in me thinks is probably designed so the institution doesn't get sued. Every department has to have a 'diversity lead' to watch over us. In the end it just leads to a backlash by some people who just take the p**s and I get ignorant idiots saying 'ooh you said spade, you can't say that', 'I can when I'm talking about digging you t*sser, how do you like that word?' I say.

And if I havent said it before, Julie, you are as welcome as anyone on this lovely forum, it's the nicest most non-judgemental place I've been, so there.  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy