Author Topic: The 10 Best autumn walks  (Read 1110 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
The 10 Best autumn walks
« on: 10:45:59, 12/11/12 »

The 10 Best autumn walks

Pull on your boots and dig out your warmest scarf. Here are our rambling recommendations for the months ahead  

In September the Independent  wrote a article of the best Ten autumn walks. But were they right, I don't know.. ???  

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/the-10-best-autumn-walks-8153280.html  

happyhiker

• Veteran Member
Re: The 10 Best autumn walks
« Reply #1 on: 17:15:10, 12/11/12 »
I don't see that these walks would be any better in autumn than any other time. I would have thought they would be better recommending walks with more trees involved - maybe ash whilst there still a few to look at!

rambling minster

« Reply #2 on: 18:05:53, 12/11/12 »
I don't see that these walks would be any better in autumn than any other time. I would have thought they would be better recommending walks with more trees involved - maybe ash whilst there still a few to look at!

I agree. There are some fantastic walks in there but most of them don't appear all that sylvan so I would think that they would be good walks all year round and not particular to this time of year.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:25:54, 12/11/12 »
If they have missed out the Gwynant valley in the autumn then their opinion has about as much merit as a BBC DG's editorial judgment. >:D
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Cathy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:36:54, 13/11/12 »
If they have missed out the Gwynant valley in the autumn then their opinion has about as much merit as a BBC DG's editorial judgment. >:D

;D that's a bit harsh
Quit your jibber jabber, get some nuts

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy