Author Topic: National Trails  (Read 2912 times)

Nearly there

• Veteran Member
Re: National Trails
« Reply #15 on: 09:15:15, 16/01/13 »
Here in Sussex I'm fighting both the Council AND the Ramblers who are colluding to prevent a designated ROW being freed from obstructions  >:( .  Just waiting for a letter from the Council's Chief Exec to decide whether or not I take them through the courts  :-\

So Ramblers no loss as far as I'm concerned.

I'm curious now........ what makes you think Ramblers colluded with the council ?

Derek

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:23:49, 16/01/13 »
Because I have e mails from both the Council and Ramblers saying so  ;)

Quote from Council e mail:

As I explained in an earlier email, presently it is as and when resources become available that we are able to even start investigating an unavailable path and try and pursue a solution to the problem.  This approach has been supported by the local representatives of the Ramblers Association in West Sussex

Quote from Ramblers:

The path was on the original 'Unavailable Paths List' in 1996 and wasn't taken off when, in conjunction with The Ramblers the numbers were reduced from 123 to 42 about 5 years ago.  There was an 'understanding' that The Ramblers wouldn't agitate for action on the remaining paths unless something happened to make the resolution of the problems possible.

Amazingly. all that needs to be done to open this 'unavailable path' is to undo a locked gate and create 3 stiles over 3 fences  >:(
Where there's a will ...

Nearly there

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 09:50:08, 16/01/13 »
Quote from Council e mail:

As I explained in an earlier email, presently it is as and when resources become available that we are able to even start investigating an unavailable path and try and pursue a solution to the problem.  This approach has been supported by the local representatives of the Ramblers Association in West Sussex

Having just looked at the list

https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/leisure/walking_cycling_horseriding/footpaths_and_bridleways/unavailable_routes/unavailable_paths_list.aspx

Lots of the paths appear to be obstructed illegally. I can understand the councils problem with resouces. I personally think this is an area where some of the problems could be dealt with by volunteers.

D

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 10:18:09, 16/01/13 »
Normally I'd agree ... but this path has been 'unavailable' for 13 years!

Just received in mail this morning a letter from Chief Exec WSCC saying that they now intend to take action to open it, so a result  O0
Where there's a will ...

Nearly there

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 10:51:26, 16/01/13 »
Normally I'd agree ... but this path has been 'unavailable' for 13 years!

Just received in mail this morning a letter from Chief Exec WSCC saying that they now intend to take action to open it, so a result  O0

My phone call worked then ?!   ;)

D

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 11:04:35, 16/01/13 »
 ;D ;D
Sure did  ;)
Where there's a will ...

romaway

« Reply #21 on: 11:37:01, 16/01/13 »
Maybe the power of all our thoughts prompted this response  O0 .  Well done for pursuing this.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy