Author Topic: FIRES?  (Read 5572 times)

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: FIRES?
« Reply #15 on: 10:05:37, 05/10/07 »

FIRE

sorry just had to shout that.

O.k guys and girls lets not fall out over this area of wild fires, if a can say, i think Darksky was thinking about a small and manageable fire a few feet away from where he was going to camp, be it wild camping or not. Also i believe his reasons were to relax with some food and to keep warm on a particular cold night.

Now,  a small campfire to preserve life is permitted, also without being drawn into the crossfire (so to speak) you can wildcamp in England & Wales as long as it over 1500/2000 feet above sea level and you are not causing an obstruction to any path/ right of way or natural area of beauty.

But more important, he has common sense and loves being in the outdoors, now that does not strike me as some one how would wish any part of it destroyed ???

I hold my hands up.... i wild camp most of the time and if i was to have a small camp fire, then i would build it on a river bed, 'if poss' but as long as there is no trace of you or a fire when you leave, then on the whole most as you say landowners don't mind...

Point of interest: Landowners   ??? 
                                   The Queen owns all Land and that is a Legal issue

Anyway have fun and hopefully the smoke will blow over soon   ;)
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:24:12, 07/10/07 »
 O0 THANKS SZ  a very positive and intelligent answer, and by the way Ive just got back from a spell of wild camping mixed with 2 nights on GILLSIDE campsite and also 1 night in AMBLESIDE YHA, i intended to stay for a week but 4 and half days/nights was a fine start to get myself back into the swing of things i reckon,and I'm really quite pleased with myself as i climbed striding edge and helvellyn and came down swirral edge,Ive took photos of my walk up and down,and as soon as i suss out how to post them i will, O yeh after i completed the walk off swirral taking the path back to Glennridding walking past the helvellyn yha, instead of going straight back to my tent cos i was knackerd i bypassed it and went into the Travelers Rest pub and had myself  GOOD DRINK and had a real good time in there talking to others who i seen on my travels,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 19:31:13, 07/10/07 »
Welcome back Darksky

sounds like you had a good time, have you read the walking hell post? sounds like it could be up your street  O0
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy