Author Topic: Dirty [censored]****s  (Read 2260 times)

myxpyr

Dirty [censored]****s
« on: 18:15:00, 31/10/19 »
I went out for a short walk today on the Northern Carneddau. I was, for the most part, on a popular tourist path. Sadly there were items of litter but not too much.
What was worse was the full plastic dog poo bags where people had scooped up but rather than take it back to a car park or somewhere in order to put it in a bin had left it on the side of the path. One had even - obviously deliberately - placed under an overhanging boulder.
Do these idiots not understand that there is no magic dog poo fairy who will rid the country side of such items and that such items do not bio-degrade even if left for ever and a day >:( >:( >:( :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Dirty [censored]****s
« Reply #1 on: 19:06:05, 31/10/19 »
We can't understand this either. Why bother picking it up? Putting it in plastic and leaving it is worse than not picking it up at all.  :-\
Hate will never win

myxpyr

« Reply #2 on: 19:11:55, 31/10/19 »
We can't understand this either. Why bother picking it up? Putting it in plastic and leaving it is worse than not picking it up at all.  :-\
Exactly. Wish I could have found out who it "belonged" to. I love to have gone up to them and said "You forgot this"

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:15:56, 31/10/19 »
I see the same sort of problems where I go running, some people even hang the bags on branches of bushes and trees. Also to add to this moan, we have all been warned of the perils of plastic recently and since young Greta highlighted has the problem and more, so many people have voiced concern and worry about the problem. I have heard them in the pub, in our local coffee shop and our friend the teacher has listened to so many mothers also so very concerned about the planet.

And so to this evening! It's Halloween! Three groups of children each accompanied by an adult minder have banged on our door this evening. We know two of the adults, both professional women, their own children go to private schools, both of them are high flyers and ALL of the children with them, 13 in total were wearing cheap PLASTIC outfits! I wonder what they will do with them tomorrow? Will they use them to pick up the local turds in our area?

The teacher has told us, she is downstairs now having a glass of wine with my wife, that they will be concerned about the dangers to the planet of plastic from TOMORROW and then will move on to the next plastic bonanza, CHRISTMAS and then worry about the dangers of plastic again from Boxing Day!

Is there hope? I don't think so!

Lee R

« Reply #4 on: 20:17:06, 31/10/19 »
Sometimes found hanging from tree branches too!!!  >:( >:(

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:05:35, 31/10/19 »
Been discussed (ranted about!) a couple of times or more already ....

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=29430.0

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=38388.0

Nobody's any nearer to an answer as to why these people do it  :-\

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:27:39, 31/10/19 »
Sometimes found hanging from tree branches too!!!  >:( >:(

sbt

« Reply #7 on: 09:26:58, 01/11/19 »
People who do this really get to me.👹
 I always walk with my dogs and when on the hills were there are no bins I have a Dicky bag hooked to the outside of my pack.
It looks like a chalk bag made of neoprene.

Man wae a dug

« Reply #8 on: 10:54:40, 01/11/19 »
I can't understand why they go to the bother of picking it up. No matter where my dog 'goes' his mess gets lifted and carried to the nearest bin; when we're out on a walk in country lanes I'll be carrying it for a good few miles before we reach a bin, but I wouldn't contemplate not doing so.

As an aside but still relating to dog poo; why does the council insist on putting the bins for rubbish/poo right next to park benches?  The smell in hot weather is awful and popping it in the bin when people are sitting there makes you feel like the very thing you're disposing off!
Be ye man or bairn or wumman
Be ye gaun or be ye comin
For Scotlands pride no Scotlands shame
Gether yer litter and tak it hame!

dank86

« Reply #9 on: 17:43:55, 01/11/19 »
I've spoke to people who do this and they insist they always collect it on the way back. They can't understand no one else wants to look at it while they're off walking. If they don't want to carry it with them don't take a dog it's simple

myxpyr

« Reply #10 on: 20:16:42, 01/11/19 »
they always collect it on the way back.
Of course they do >:(

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 23:41:09, 02/11/19 »
Of course they do >:(

I do, I really do! Almost daily in fact, I don't hang it in trees obviously but if I know I'm heading back the same way and past a bin, it's preferable to carrying it. To me, it's a balance - it gets cleaned up but I don't have to have my little bag of poo as company - I leave it out of the way but somewhere I will see it to remind me (I have gone for extra evening walkies specifically to remove forgotten bags too).Conversely, if I won't be heading back the same way or don't know of a bin, I have to admit defeat and join the "proudly swinging my poo bag" gang  ;D

I understand people not wanting to see it but I'm sure my way is preferable to not cleaning up at all. I too see the worst bit as picking it up in the first place though and have difficulty understanding why people pick it up and then either throw the bag into the undergrowth or decorate trees with it  :-\

dank86

« Reply #12 on: 23:48:19, 02/11/19 »
It should be taken with you and disposed of at home if there's no bins, don't want to carry it then don't take the dog.
Why should others have to see s*hit hanging from a tree or left laying around? Leaving it hanging from a tree is worse than leaving it, at least in a 8 weeks it'll have been broken down where 8 weeks later it's still.dangling in the bag

taxino8

« Reply #13 on: 08:28:20, 03/11/19 »
Sadly my beloved Lab, Bruce, died four years ago but I always carried a trowel and some bags with me and if he did his business in a suitable spot I’d simply dig a small hole with the trowel and flip it in then carefully refill the hole and stamp it down.
I’d use the bags only if I had to and would then double bag it, stick it in a pocket and take it home.
I too can’t understand why some people are too idle or ignorant to dispose of dog poo in a responsible way.

myxpyr

« Reply #14 on: 13:26:03, 03/11/19 »

I do, I really do! Almost daily in fact, I don't hang it in trees obviously but if I know I'm heading back the same way and past a bin, it's preferable to carrying it. To me, it's a balance - it gets cleaned up but I don't have to have my little bag of poo as company - I leave it out of the way but somewhere I will see it to remind me (I have gone for extra evening walkies specifically to remove forgotten bags too).Conversely, if I won't be heading back the same way or don't know of a bin, I have to admit defeat and join the "proudly swinging my poo bag" gang  ;D

I understand people not wanting to see it but I'm sure my way is preferable to not cleaning up at all. I too see the worst bit as picking it up in the first place though and have difficulty understanding why people pick it up and then either throw the bag into the undergrowth or decorate trees with it  :-\
The following day I searched for and found a community web site relevant to the area in which I'd been walking. I sent them a message about my observations and suggested that a few signs might be appropriate. I had a very nice reply saying that, sadly, few people take heed of signs. They apparently have some sign up trying to encourage people to "stick and flick" but the bag problem persists. :tickedoff:

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy