Author Topic: New stove suggestions...  (Read 1285 times)

robn

New stove suggestions...
« on: 17:10:49, 26/05/08 »
I'm looking for a new, lightweight, but efficient stove. I'm spending a month cycling round europe, so I'm not sure whether a stove that takes Calor, or Camping Gaz would be best suited? (any suggestions?).

I'm not really looking to spend more than £30 as it will probably take a bit of a battering.... I'll be using it to cook some basic, in the bag meals, and for a few brews and hot chocolates!

Thanks in advance!

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: New stove suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: 22:53:54, 26/05/08 »
If your flying to your first destianation you wont be able to take a gas cylinder for a gas stove if thats what you choose as their not allowed on planes..,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

robn

« Reply #2 on: 23:21:40, 26/05/08 »
We'll e getting a ferry over to Le Havre :)

legs-o-lead

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:38:48, 29/05/08 »
Hi Robn,

I just cycled 1106 miles form LE to JOG. Before I did that, I sent ages weighing gear etc, and found that none of my (then) current stoves were light or efficient enough.

After much searchng, I bought a Vaude Markill Peak Ignition. It was over £50, but weighs 92 grammes, comes in its own little pouch and runs of 280 gramme resealable gas cartridges. It's boil water in a few minutes (I forget just how many), but on my LEJOG, it coped with meals and brews for two people for 16 days, and we used 6 cartidges in all that time (rrp about £3 each)

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Have a look at it on

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/shop/shop.php?c=viewproduct&pid=249&cat=141&maincat=20&start=0&sid=sid88f2468c0d1fb894380b288a5bf729bd

The whole of my mess kit fitted into one pan, including teabags, canister, spoon, handle, etc etc. This one aslo has the advantage of having a built in piezo start, so you don't have to carry matches etc either.

[censored] BRILL IT WAS !!
Courage doesn't always roar like a lion. Sometimes courage is a small voice at the end of a long hard day saying "I'll try again tomorrow".

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy