Author Topic: Vango Spectre 300  (Read 2147 times)

Skinny Walker

Vango Spectre 300
« on: 10:10:32, 03/06/08 »
I am looking for a tent to do some wild camping and it needs to fit 2 people (I'm 6' 5") and 2 large dogs!

The pickings are pretty slim. I came accross the Vango Spectre 300 which seems big enough, light enough (3.1 kilo) and costs only £85. Does anyone have any experience of this tent?

Or are there any more that would fit the bill?
You need special shoes for hiking - and a bit of a special soul as well.  ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Vango Spectre 300
« Reply #1 on: 17:32:26, 03/06/08 »
Hey there, CW,

Like you I'm on the market for a new tent and have been drawn towards Vango as well, though I have to confess that I have no experience of them.

I like the look of the Spectre 300, though it is a little big for my needs, and so prefer the Spectre 200 - it's on the Great Outdoors site for only £69.00 - which seems to be a right bargain.

Personally, I'm after a no nonsense tent, the smaller the better (kind of opposite to you), but let me know if you come across any other Vango that you take a liking for.

O0

Skinny Walker

Re: Vango Spectre 300
« Reply #2 on: 10:56:42, 04/06/08 »
Thanks for the response Mr.B.

I have used Vango's all my life from the original Force 10 ridge tents on Dartmoor when I was a teenager (in all weather), to a little 1.5 manner on the Pennine Way to my comfortable Venture 500 which I use to stay in campsites etc and I have never had any problems with them, and the price is always very competative.

Also seen this one about, 2kg (but pitch inner first.....soggy!)
http://www.greatoutdoorsdirect.co.uk/pc-1055-43-vango-banshee-200.aspx

Or the lightweight 1 manner (1Kg)
http://www.greatoutdoorsdirect.co.uk/pc-1062-43-vango-ultralite-100.aspx

Have you looked at the coleman ones (don't know anything about them tho),

You need special shoes for hiking - and a bit of a special soul as well.  ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy