Author Topic: Regatta?  (Read 22881 times)

Ian1875

Regatta?
« on: 16:01:28, 23/09/11 »
Anyone know wether their walking boots are much good? I've got some other gear of theirs and it's not bad.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
Re: Regatta?
« Reply #1 on: 16:12:03, 23/09/11 »
Regatta are a budget brand, I'd think their footwear should be ok for spring/summer but wouldn't trust it in bad weather or rougher terrain.

footix2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:17:12, 23/09/11 »
I've got a pair and they are very comfortable (and were waterproof till I utterly soaked them). I'd go so far as to say the were extremely comfortable. They did make my feet hot though and they are probably not suitable for real mountain terrain.
82/214

Ian1875

« Reply #3 on: 16:24:57, 23/09/11 »
They are quite a bit cheaper than other brands, just found some that look really good, not sure whether to go for them. Sometimes you can pay through the nose and get some that are a dissapointment.  :-\

dunc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:29:15, 23/09/11 »
I've had a pair of boots and some trail shoes, and my wife has some trail shoes - none of them have been much cop. poor fit, inadequate support, I won't buy their footwear again. I have plenty of other Regatta gear which performs well for the price tag though.
"If this grand panorama before me is what you call God.... then God is not dead"

Ian1875

« Reply #5 on: 16:34:26, 23/09/11 »
I'm getting the stear clear vibe so far.

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:22:53, 23/09/11 »
No experience of their boots but I would say check out what they claim to do (waterproof etc) and keep your receipt so if they do fail you can take them back. Doesn't matter what they cost, if they don't do what they say then return them.

I was tempted by some trail shoes at £25 in their sale but they didn't have my size.

Where are you getting them from?(Don't say Go Outdoors because I would not buy boots from them again - too much hassle when you have a problem).

Hope that helps.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

Ian1875

« Reply #7 on: 17:27:04, 23/09/11 »
Hi alewife,
I was going to order them online from a regatta outlet. I also saw some Karrimor ones that looked quite good from amazon. The reviews were very good too.

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:31:30, 23/09/11 »
Hi alewife,
I was going to order them online from a regatta outlet. I also saw some Karrimor ones that looked quite good from amazon. The reviews were very good too.

Okay so now question is, how much are you paying for boots which you can't try on and how far are you planning to walk in them? I personally wouldn't buy boots (or any other footwear) without trying them first - size and fit varies so much.

I have had karrimoors in the past and they were fine - but not sure if they are still the same quality.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:31:57, 23/09/11 »
I've got a pair of Karrimor boots and are very happy with them, especially as they were at sale for £40 against a RRP of over £100  ;) O0
Where there's a will ...

gary m

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 19:27:46, 23/09/11 »
try them on in a shop first take note of the size then send away for them
you have 1 life live it

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 19:37:21, 23/09/11 »
try them on in a shop first take note of the size then send away for them

excellent, a great way to support your local independent gear shop.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 20:01:32, 23/09/11 »
 ;D ;D ;D O0
Where there's a will ...

botty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 20:55:31, 23/09/11 »
I can't comment on their boots, however I have bought some items of clothing as they are one of the few brands where you can get a decent selection of 3XL clothing. In my view you get what you pay for - a t-shirt I bought was covered in 'bobbles' the first time I wore it, and has shrunk such that it is now almost like a 'boob tube' not a great look for a 20st bloke ;D

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 20:58:16, 23/09/11 »
... almost like a 'boob tube' not a great look for a 20st bloke ;D

Oh, I don't know :-\ . ;D  (That would be a moob tube then)
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy