Author Topic: What is on your Christmas wish list?  (Read 4224 times)

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
What is on your Christmas wish list?
« on: 18:01:12, 03/12/08 »
Christmas is only three weeks away!!!  (Groans all round, or cheers, according to your outlook.)

What walking-related items do you hope you might receive as presents?  ::) Walking socks, anyone?  :(

I would very much like to be given the three OS Explorer maps covering Snowdonia.  The old one (2002) I used in September let me down in places, with blocks of forest not marked, for example, and I've seen the latest editions, which are much clearer.  With this in mind, I've heavily ringed the ones I want on an OS brochure, which I've left laying in a prominent spot (on the table where we put the mail) where everyone should see it.  Bet I get socks, though.

muymalestado

Re: What is on your Christmas wish list?
« Reply #1 on: 18:21:28, 03/12/08 »
Just got mine - considering the current weather - two Páramo Long Johns.  Have ta wash & wrap em for the big day.
I think this next one will be the top ...

vertigo girl

« Reply #2 on: 18:41:34, 03/12/08 »
I've asked Santa for a Polar Buff.

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 07:50:41, 07/12/08 »
I'm getting a walking companion.... a border collie but not till after Christmas.
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 08:26:37, 07/12/08 »
My wish is to get off the rig for xmas & not get lost next year ;)

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 08:12:13, 09/12/08 »
I've hinted that anything walking related would be welcome - I have some birthday money to spend and need some warm walking trousers, long socks and new pole to replace the one I left by a tree (in my panic as I was lost on private land and got told off).
~
Sue

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:03:51, 09/12/08 »
There have been some intriguing replies to my original post.

Muymulestado (I wish I could work out what that means!) said he's already got some long johns, which he's going to wash and wrap for Xmas.  I presume that he will already have worn them by then, thus the need to wash them?

Vertigo Girl, what is a Polar Buff?  Something to polish your car with?  Being naked in the snow?  Save me having to google it, please.

Dibble is getting a border collie - aaah!  Post some pictures of it when you get it, won't you?

And White Horse Walker, being lost on private land and getting told off sounds interesting.  Off topic maybe, but do tell us more!

the coot

« Reply #7 on: 10:18:32, 09/12/08 »
There is nothing much I want, which is driving TOH nuts as I haven't been hinting, I haven't bought things and given them to him to give to me, and I just bought myself some running gear.
But he knows that I have something very nice for him (haven't I Andy Beck! it framed very well by the way) and he is very very worried!

vertigo girl

« Reply #8 on: 13:42:06, 09/12/08 »
 Hi Howard

Polar Buff®: The chameleon of winter headgear!

Available in many eye-catching designs, Polar Buff® delivers the versatility, performance and practicality of multi-functional headwear for colder climates. Combining a circular piece of Polartec® 100 fleece with an original Buff®, Polar Buff® is the most versatile piece of winter headwear ever! Wear it in as a fleece beanie, balaclava or neck tube. Its pedigree of impressive technical specifications has made it a hit with skiers, snowboarders, snowmobile addicts, mountaineers and hardcore winter dog walkers.

muymalestado

« Reply #9 on: 16:05:27, 09/12/08 »
. . . . But he knows that I have something very nice for him  . . . .  and he is very very worried!
On 26th December.  We'll have to know what it is.
I think this next one will be the top ...

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 22:15:12, 09/12/08 »
Ooer... Scary (previous post)

I want world peace and some new socks.  The thing about being a walker is, people can buy you socks and its OK, as long as they're the right kind of socks...
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

ebrorob

« Reply #11 on: 14:55:17, 10/12/08 »
That's the trouble with being a known walker Mike.  Last Christmas I had 15 pairs of padded socks as presents!  ;D

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 21:22:20, 10/12/08 »
15 pairs of socks indicates a lack of imagination, I would have thought.
I often get six or seven bottles of scotch....   I don't really  mind, though!!
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 23:31:43, 10/12/08 »
Set of 4 season boots and crampons.
An airline ticker to The Alps
Waterproof trousers

Thankyou very much

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 04:52:19, 12/12/08 »
Post some pictures of it when you get it, won't you?

Yes, I do hope to, and I am hoping to begin not only taking my camera walks with me, but also to post a photo or two on here....
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy