Author Topic: What is on your Christmas wish list?  (Read 4209 times)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Re: What is on your Christmas wish list?
« Reply #15 on: 00:01:26, 14/12/08 »
15 pairs of socks indicates a lack of imagination, I would have thought.
I often get six or seven bottles of scotch....   I don't really  mind, though!!

I'm working my way through an 83 Glen Rothes. Somthings are too good to hurry,
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

the coot

« Reply #16 on: 14:16:41, 25/12/08 »
On 26th December.  We'll have to know what it is.

It was a print by Andy Beck, it framed well and looks good. TOH was pleased as this is his favourite area of the lakes (the reflection of the flash is showing in the photo)

Mr Sam

« Reply #17 on: 18:01:24, 25/12/08 »
I got a bivi bag. ;D Shame it's bright red but I'm planning on taking it out in the next week.
"I've run out of map... Hold on"

vertigo girl

« Reply #18 on: 13:05:09, 27/12/08 »

I got a book containing panoramic views of the Yorkshire Dales and The AA 100 best walks in Northern England.   :-\

RichLitt

« Reply #19 on: 18:17:01, 27/12/08 »
I didn't have a christmas with the family this year, so I got very little from others. To compensate, I've spent around $1000 buying gear:  a bivy, 0F degree bag, snowshoes, crampons, walking poles, an ice axe, a harness, carabiners, rope, chalk bags, long underwear, more shirts, gloves....et cetera. I'm a bit low on funds, currently, but oh well.  :P

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 21:24:39, 27/12/08 »
I've spent around $1000 buying gear

I'm a bit low on funds, currently

Whether you spent either a thousand dollars or a thousand pounds (if you've got a keyboard with a dodgy pounds key), it's not surprising that you're currently a bit low on funds!  Only in my dreams can I spend that much on gear.

One of my most appreciated presents was the latest editions of the three OS Explorer maps covering Snowdonia. They're much improved compared with my older ones (oh dear, I sound like I'm advertising again) and will be better for helping me find where I am and where I'm going, next time I'm there.  The plans are already forming in my head.

False_Summit_Veteran

« Reply #21 on: 08:28:21, 31/12/08 »
I got an ice axe off ebay, new gaiters and new poles.  Very satisfied.
Any Moel's a goal.

Steelystan

« Reply #22 on: 09:15:35, 31/12/08 »
My neighbour must know me well - bought me a swedish army firesteel for lighting the stove or a fire.  Amazing thing and very me.

In return I dressed a walking pole for him using one of my very best hazel shanks.  It turned out a belter, no fancy end pieces - just capped with a copper capsule and tipped with a standard brass ferrule, but it was one of me best.  I nearly kept it myself.  He wouldn't stop going on about it all Christmas day!  I reckon secretly he thinks he's Gandalf now.

SS
178/214.

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 11:34:31, 31/12/08 »
He can't be Gandalf. I am. Everybody knows that ;)

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy