Author Topic: Headtorch bargain  (Read 2076 times)

Steelystan

Headtorch bargain
« on: 21:06:30, 06/12/08 »
I just went down B&Q for some batteries and among the torches was a headtorch under the Energizer battery brand. 

Its exactly the same size as my new Pietzl TikkaXP, has 2 white LEDS and a red one and runs on 3 little batteries just the same.  I couldn't resist getting one to see if its any good.  Turns out to be brighter than my Pietzl and has just as a good a headband etc. How can I afford to buy this gizmo just to try it out?  Its only £7 - that's how.  My posh light cost £35.

SS

178/214.

dibble

• Veteran Member
Re: Headtorch bargain
« Reply #1 on: 07:48:11, 07/12/08 »
That sounds fantastic....
I will look up where the nearest one is.
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:36:08, 07/12/08 »
Just shows what marketing can do - I'll be nipping out for one when I get home. Thats if there are any left after all the walking forum readers have rushed out and bought one or two.

Steelystan

« Reply #3 on: 23:25:32, 07/12/08 »
This bargain paid for itself today getting me safely down Cave Dale in the dark (it's really dark down there ) which was frozen and has become replica of the crests run. I bet Petzl are chuffed to bits.

SS
178/214.

muymalestado

« Reply #4 on: 12:35:32, 09/12/08 »
Got an unbranded little job at Lidl - £3.  Does 2 or 4 or 8 LED's.  No red or flash.  Very bright.  Great for bringing in a basket of wood, walking and cycling.  Should'a bought 3 of 'em.
I think this next one will be the top ...

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:14:44, 09/12/08 »
If you buy 4 and put them round your head at the 4 compass points, and then got some sleigh bells and ran up a snowy fell....oh and don't forget the red nose.. :)

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:33:36, 11/12/08 »
I got one from B & Q yesterday.... that's another Christmas present sorted!
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

tryfan_bach

« Reply #7 on: 16:14:25, 16/12/08 »
Get the Alpkit Gamma, excellent at £12.50

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy