Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 1085 times)

MarkDel

Shoes
« on: 11:51:20, 28/01/18 »
Hi,

Looking for some advice, I can't seem to find  pair of shoes that last more than 2 months. These shoes range from Trespass and DXL, North Face and my latest pair Salomon x ultra 3 lasted only 1 and a half months at a cost of £117. All shoes are exchanged no problem except the latter that have been sent back for testing before I am hopefully refunded.

I walk around 5 miles a day in wet and muddy conditions so looking for any recommendations, any advice is greatly appreciated.

langsettranger

Re: Shoes
« Reply #1 on: 12:33:45, 28/01/18 »
Hi MarkDel,

I just bought a pair of these beauties, and can't believe my luck.

They're stylish, very comfortable, great to walk in, well-made, waterproof, breathable, and very affordable. 10/10 from me - http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cotswold-mens-stonesfield-walking-shoes-p419537

LSR - The Langsett Stranger - retired night soil shifter, citizen, dog, lion and black buck mini lop trainer

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:40:59, 28/01/18 »
What do you mean by "don't last"? What happens to them?

As a general rule, if you want footwear that lasts then quality leather is your best bet IMO.

MarkDel

« Reply #3 on: 13:12:26, 28/01/18 »
Thanks for this, maybe the way forward is leather.

All have failed in the same place across the toe joint!

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:51:37, 28/01/18 »

They look a lot like Dr. Martens?
Too little, too late, too bad......

langsettranger

« Reply #5 on: 16:36:17, 28/01/18 »
They look a lot like Dr. Martens?

They are in a far different superior class to Doc Martens. These Cotswold shoes are exceptionally well-made, IMHO.
LSR - The Langsett Stranger - retired night soil shifter, citizen, dog, lion and black buck mini lop trainer

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy