Author Topic: waterproof breathable jacket  (Read 2790 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: waterproof breathable jacket
« Reply #15 on: 11:30:11, 07/02/18 »
Snap! I also have the Paramo Alta 2, its fine for the colder months but for me, its too hot at other times.

As regards the Precip. Mine leaks around the neck. Horrible sensation as water gradually dribbles down my spine. Brrrr! The problem has been caused by a piece of Velcro which is used when the hood is rolled up and needs to be secured, the inner surface around the neck has now been scratched off. Ive tried sticking tape over the affected area which almost works, but not quite!

If I had reralised this problem at the beginning I could have done something about it but I didn't think to look.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 12:12:37, 07/02/18 »
As regards the Precip. Mine leaks around the neck. Horrible sensation as water gradually dribbles down my spine. Brrrr! The problem has been caused by a piece of Velcro which is used when the hood is rolled up and needs to be secured, the inner surface around the neck has now been scratched off. Ive tried sticking tape over the affected area which almost works, but not quite!

If I had reralised this problem at the beginning I could have done something about it but I didn't think to look.

What could be a first class product can sometimes be spoiled by lack of thought by the designers.
It's like the two microfleece shirts I bought many years ago for walking and backpacking. Nice warm material, made with a generous cut and long length - BUT the inside of the cuffs and the inside of the collar are lined with cotton material, it's not clear why, perhaps it adds a bit of stiffening, and once they get damp they rarely dry out during a walk.

wobblyknees

« Reply #17 on: 21:25:16, 07/02/18 »
Ive tried sticking tape over the affected area which almost works, but not quite!

Thanks GWM. I'll put some tape over mine ASAP.

A friend of mine also uses his Lowe Alpine Jacket for fly fishing. He has snagged a few hooks in it. He uses bicycle tube repair patches to make repairs. From memory, he says they are quite effective but don't last that long before coming loose.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy