Author Topic: Lowa Renegade GTX any good?  (Read 684 times)

fobos8

Lowa Renegade GTX any good?
« on: 07:26:49, 15/03/18 »
Hi there

I like the fact that these boots are lightweight and I'm really tempted to get a pair but I keep coming across a few reviews about the stitching coming apart or the leather coming away from the sole. What are your experiences?

Have looked at other leather boots but they're all too heavy for me. I just want a pair to wear pretty much every day for dog walks, going to the pub and of course proper walking!

Have also been looking at the Lowa Taurus GTX which also is lightweight and seems to be well reviewed.

Kind regards, Andrew

TinTin

Re: Lowa Renegade GTX any good?
« Reply #1 on: 09:45:10, 15/03/18 »
I'm on my third pair of Renegade's and have not experienced any failures of stitching etc, great lightweight boots, but sole does wear down pretty quickly (hence third pair) this would be a serious consideration for me if I was doing a lot of tarmac mileage.

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:08:34, 15/03/18 »

I have had 2 pairs of Lowa renegades, and I find them incredibly comfortable.  I replaced the first pair when they started leaking, but that was after about 2 and a half years.  The second pair didn't do quite so well, so I replaced them with some scarpas, and just kept the Lowas for local walks and the beach, but actually I still think they are my favourite boots, I just have to put up with damp feet sometimes.  I still find I go to them for preference.
I read somewhere that a pair of boots will usually last 1000 miles waterproof and another 500-700 miles before they fall to bits.  My second pair of Lowas didn't quite make the 1000 miles waterproof, but both pairs managed the 1700 before falling to bits fairly comfortably.  I'll probably get another pair next time I'm looking for boots and put up with the lack of longevity.

wobblyknees

« Reply #3 on: 10:36:52, 16/03/18 »
I seldom wear shoes except on formal occasions, preferring my Lowa Renegades instead for everyday walking on paved roads.. They are light, comfortable and like an outdoor pair of slippers.
I gave up using them for hill walking because
1. On rocky tracks, I can feel every stone through the soles, making my own soles more prone to blisters. They could do with one or more stiffening spines along the soles.
2. I hate walking with wet feet.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy