Author Topic: coast to coast  (Read 929 times)

dinger

coast to coast
« on: 20:04:48, 26/06/18 »

Decided im doing it , ive been thinking about it for a while now im ready.
I want to fit in wildcamping, Youth hostel and a couple of B and Bs.
My question ive noticed a few who have done it have booked accommodation weeks and weeks before they are about to do it,
im a bit apprehensive about booking to early because you have to be sure you are going to reach these destinations which injury, weather, or navigation errors.
What do you guys think?

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: coast to coast
« Reply #1 on: 20:24:46, 26/06/18 »
I'm doing it next June but am booked up already.  I like to get accommodation on route and in most places there isn't much.  I even booked Pennine Way accommodation well in advance, accepting things could go wrong but they never did  O0
Where there's a will ...

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
Re: coast to coast
« Reply #2 on: 23:51:45, 26/06/18 »
Hi dinger
I'm hoping to do mine end May and into June next yera.  Like you, I'm camping, youth hostel, and if nothing else available, B&B's.  Thing is, a lot of the accommodation books up early, and if you are planning your days, you need to know that you can get accommodation at the end of each one, so it ends up a bit of a catch 22.  You have to book early to ensure your accomodation because everyone else is planning and doing the same thing.
I have booked one YHA (because very popular), so far, and made enquiries at a couple of places I intend to camp, just to make sure I'm not going to have any problems.
When are you planning to do yours?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy