Author Topic: Fishguard to Pwll Deri  (Read 1714 times)

daderb

Fishguard to Pwll Deri
« on: 14:52:06, 11/12/18 »
Hello!,My first post....Hope I am doing things right...The Walking Englishman pointed me to this forum, thank you, and thank you Chris for this forum...We plan to do part of the PCP and have a question about this stage, Fishguard to Pwll Deri, which we want to do in 2 stages due to timing.  On the Distance Calculator I see a track on the map that goes from the road down close to Pen Globo...does anyone know if you can drive on and park at the end of that track, as that seems to be round about the halfway point of that section? Or any other options would be appreciated.
Many thanks,

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Fishguard to Pwll Deri
« Reply #1 on: 16:56:11, 11/12/18 »

I think the track you  mean goes to this (delightful looking, no electricity) holiday cottage and the website mentions that it is gated. So I guess no public access.

https://www.coastalcottages.co.uk/cottages/penrhyn?ref=22107

But several footpaths lead from the coast to the road and I think you'd find a spot to leave a single somewhere near. I know the junction by Tre-fisheg is quite wide.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:27:27, 11/12/18 »
Hi, obviously I don't know your walking abilities so apologies if what I say is not possible for you.

I walked the PCP in 2016 in the opposite direction and looking at my website suggests that walking from Pwll Deri to Fishguard was less than 11 miles and splitting it at Pen Globo seems to be about 4 and a half miles from Pwll Deri and this section took me less than 2 hours to do.

Would you be capable of doing the whole section of less than 11 miles in one day instead of two or are there other factors? e.g. needing to do circular routes to get back to a car?

Anyway, it's a lovely walk  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

daderb

« Reply #3 on: 18:23:04, 11/12/18 »
Jac, thank you for that info. there seems to be several lanes or tracks going off the mainroad to Strumble Head so yes, a fair chance of finding somewhere to get out of the way....and yes, what a lovely cottage...
bricam2096, thank you. we did this section in 2014 in one go but you are right....other factors are in the way this time. we are staying 3 nights and walkiing St. Davids to Fishguard (or vice versa, is one direction preferrable?). 2 days will be St. Davids to Trefin and Trefin to Phll Deri, this stage will be half on the pm we arrive (after a 4.5 hour drive) and half on the am we leave (before a 4.5 hour drive)... it really is a beautiful walk, we did it in late Sept and watched from the cliffs as a seal was born, and had lovely fields of gorse? and heather....
Thank you both

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy