Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 275974 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1395 on: 20:59:16, 17/09/20 »
Congratulations and good luck for the future Rob!
Solvitur Ambulando

Strider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1396 on: 22:09:28, 17/09/20 »
Congrats Rob and partner !
Not all those who wander are lost

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1397 on: 08:43:31, 18/09/20 »
............................. I walk loads. I also run over a thousand miles a year. Appleby is a lovely place to walk around ....................... (we're getting married!) .....................................
.......hope I will soon have a walk that you'd find interesting to share.

Congratulations Rob, of course on your forthcoming marriage but also on your daily walking and running. so much achieved - and more to come :)

Looking forward to a TR of your the 'walk down the aisle' :)

Many years of happiness to you both O0

So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1398 on: 08:55:05, 18/09/20 »
Congratulations Rob. I wish you both every happiness.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1399 on: 15:09:41, 18/09/20 »
A wander round Braunton Burrows today.  This area of dunes on the Taw-Torridge estuary was used by US forces for D-day training and hidden in the dunes is a group of concrete landing craft that were used for training.  At one point they were going to be demolished but they were saved and are now a memorial.

The SWCP passes very close but I doubt many walkers know they are there.
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1400 on: 16:10:32, 18/09/20 »
Congratulations Rob and future Mrs Rob  :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1401 on: 16:13:51, 18/09/20 »
Spotted this beauty on my walk back from the shops today.  At first I thought he was a leaf or bit of fungi ...

...then he opened his wings in the sunshine and turned into a butterfly...

A Comma butterfly, I believe  :)

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1402 on: 16:26:51, 18/09/20 »
Gorgeous flutterby

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1403 on: 16:33:16, 18/09/20 »
I  set up today's walk to be convenient for one of my very favourite pubs

And the pub?  It was shut!

P.S. for Jac = do you know of any good parking spots for walking in the woods south of Crediton

Sorry missed this post til today. Did you mean the woods nr Newton St Cyres? Currently being searched by police looking for a murder victim - they have charged a suspect murderer already?????!!!!

Which pub BTW?

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1404 on: 17:17:35, 18/09/20 »
Sorry missed this post til today. Did you mean the woods nr Newton St Cyres? Currently being searched by police looking for a murder victim - they have charged a suspect murderer already? ??? ?!!!!

Which pub BTW?
Thanks for coming back.  Yes Coombland, Newton, Whitestone et al Woods.  If I can find a jumping off point near there, I can tie a route through them into my round Crediton route.
The pub is the Beer Engine - brews his own beer, good food and always makes you welcome.  I have a walk using the Devonshire Heartland Way lined up thar starts from there and runs to Brampford Speke and back.  By the by, I see the pub in Brampford has changed hands and has gone back to being the Agricultural Inn after a spell as a Lazy Toad.
Solvitur Ambulando

Warbler

« Reply #1405 on: 11:06:32, 19/09/20 »
Had a walk along the Hampshire/Dorset coast from Barton-on-Sea to Mudeford, ferry to Mudeford sandspit, Hengistbury Head, Christchurch Harbour and back again. Very pleasant, but far busier than expected.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1406 on: 13:31:17, 19/09/20 »
Had a walk along the Hampshire/Dorset coast from Barton-on-Sea to Mudeford, ferry to Mudeford sandspit, Hengistbury Head, Christchurch Harbour and back again. Very pleasant, but far busier than expected.
I remember holidays in the early 1970s staying in a caravan in Mudeford. We spent a lot of time at Hengistbury Head, Christchurch and Mudeford when it was probably much quieter than it is now. Parents were left on the beach, while my brother and I ran and walked by ourselves. I am not sure today’s parents would let their kids run off like that nowadays at ages 10 to 12.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1407 on: 20:07:25, 21/09/20 »
I walked on the downs to the north of Brighton today, taking in a stretch of the South Downs Way but mainly walking less-frequented paths.  Hot and sunny  -  a glorious day to be on the downs    :)

Hadrian

« Reply #1408 on: 15:13:54, 22/09/20 »
Had a pleasant 5 mile circular walk this morning. Started just south of Barrowburn in the River Coquet valley in Northumberland and climbed steadily up the Border County Ride before turning west at Murder Cleugh and returning via Trows and Rowhope. The low cloud didn't spoil the views.

Little Foot

« Reply #1409 on: 22:16:15, 28/09/20 »
Going to head to Brough on the Humber then walk some of the trans-Pennine trail with my doggy. Hopefully she will like it, but I think she prefers walks that are familiar to her.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy