Author Topic: Any opinions on this sleep mat please  (Read 3577 times)

karl h

• Veteran Member
Re: Any opinions on this sleep mat please
« Reply #1 on: 18:32:50, 28/04/18 »
This looks exactly the same as my Alpkit cloud base (which is dearer and out of stock ) I find the criss cross pattern to be more comfortable than the straight lines in my (  lot more expensive ) Neoair mats. So at that price I would definitely buy one and if i didn't have about five mats I'd buy one myself ;D

Edit to add...you can never have too many mats so I have bought one ;D

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:59:47, 28/04/18 »
That is an extremely light weight for a full length mat, it's on a par with my short Multimat Superlite.

Does it genuinely insulate you from cold ground? Although the blurb says "The air gap between the user and the floor is about 6cm or 2.2in which provides warmth and comfort from the floor", my understanding is that the air in an inflatable mattress circulates, bringing the colder air up towards you.

The reviews get a fail on Fakespot but they pass on ReviewMeta.

On the Amazon link you provided it says Currently unavailable, so you're going to have to do some searching if you want one.

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:04:33, 28/04/18 »
Oh Dear :(
It looks like I have bought the last one
MC. If you can't find one and really want it I will let you have mine for what I have paid for it ( assuming it arrives of course  ;)  )

madame cholet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:23:07, 28/04/18 »
No worries I saw the 2 remaining had dropped to one so I bought the last one thank you for your  kind offer.
Great things are done when women and mountains meet.

FOX160

« Reply #5 on: 22:39:43, 02/05/18 »
Probably find them cheaper on AliExpress

madame cholet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 09:03:43, 03/05/18 »
Well its arrived very impressed with the size and weight laid it on the tiled floor in the kitchen seams quite well insulated.  Taking the new tent to put up up on the lotty today as I don't have room in the garden so I'll have a tryout there.
Great things are done when women and mountains meet.

marmottungsten

« Reply #7 on: 04:56:27, 09/05/18 »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wild-Earth-Lightweight-Inflatable-Backpacking/dp/B077CQ5YSW/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1524896071&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=camping+roll+mat&psc=1#customerReviews

Yes, it's too heavy and doesn't pack away small...Save your yourself over 120 grams and at least a third of the packed volume and get a Kylmit Intertia X-Frame instead.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 07:47:10, 09/05/18 »
Yes, it's too heavy and doesn't pack away small...Save your yourself over 120 grams and at least a third of the packed volume and get a Kylmit Intertia X-Frame instead.

If you read all of the thread you will find you are too late with your recommendation marmottungsten  :)

I looked at the Klymit a few years ago intrigued by its light weight and pack size but didn't think it would be suitable for me, here is a review of the mat by Outdoorgearlab. I would rather carry more weight and have a more comfy night.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/camping-and-hiking/sleeping-pad/klymit-inertia-x-frame
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy