Author Topic: I just walked The Stevenson Trail in France  (Read 1077 times)

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
I just walked The Stevenson Trail in France
« on: 18:34:17, 27/08/13 »
I just walked and camped the Stevenson Trail in France over 10 days. The sun shone brightly every day, it was hot, very few clouds and virtually no wind. I took my Ipad Mini (no paper map) with the Cirerone guide downloaded, a download of Robert Louise Stevensons 'Travels with a Donkey in the Cevenne' and a downloaded map of France. In fact I didn't need a map, I just followed their little red and white markers for 150 miles, it was just too easy! I also used my Mini as my phone, all calls to UK landlines were free, to mobiles 30 cents. Charging the Mini was easy, I just plugged into the electricity points for caravans when I camped for the night. I met three English people so was forced to brush up on my French. I caught an iDBus coach (comfortable, clean, modern with free Wi-Fi and charging points at every seat) from Victoria Station to Lyon (£45) and a train from Lyon to the walk start at Le Puy en Velay (23 Euros). And before I forget for those people who are nervous of cattle. In 150 miles I had to cross a field of cows only ONCE, a maximum 100metres between two gates, the rest of the walk all animals and humans were separated by fencing. A really good and challenging walk (in a nice way) and I would recommend it to anyone.

bear.cub

• Veteran Member
Re: I just walked The Stevenson Trail in France
« Reply #1 on: 20:01:23, 27/08/13 »
Nice one O0 O0 O0
Any piccies' to follow?

I've never known such a bear for getting in a mess. Mr Brown referencing Paddington Bear

altirando

• Veteran Member
Re: I just walked The Stevenson Trail in France
« Reply #2 on: 23:21:12, 27/08/13 »
That iD bus sounds interesting.  Who actually runs it?  Does it link up with SNCF?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy