Author Topic: Loughrigg to Crinkle Crags  (Read 1347 times)

wbmkk

Loughrigg to Crinkle Crags
« on: 19:35:25, 09/07/08 »
Would it be possible to hike from Loughrigg to Crinkle Crags in a day, before wild camping at / near Angle Tarn

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
Re: Loughrigg to Crinkle Crags
« Reply #1 on: 20:20:25, 09/07/08 »
I would think that a walk including Loughrigg, the Crinkles and Angle Tarn is possible. I dont know whether its possible for you, or how fit you are, or what your route would be, but I expect that some people would be able to do it.
Could you walk  about 14 miles with  about 4000 feet of climbing with a backpacking pack on? (Given reasonable weather)
If you can, then you could do this walk. If you can't, then you could always camp wherever you run out of steam. 
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

kirbstones

« Reply #2 on: 20:58:19, 09/07/08 »
Well if you're starting at Loughrigg and walking the Langdale horseshoe you'll get to Angle Tarn well before you reach Crinkle Crags.  So I would say that's doable.

The Langdales are only around the 2300' mark so there's not major ascent involved.

Should be fun.
Phil
www.lakeland-walks.co.uk - guided walking in the Lake District and beyond.
www.windermere-way.co.uk - a walk around England's largest lake.

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:14:03, 09/07/08 »
I agree with Phil....to do the walk logically would be Loughrigg, Silver How, Blea Rigg, Sergeant Man/Pavey Ark, Harrison Stickle, Loft Crag, Pike O'Stickle, Rossett Pike then camp at Angle Tarn. The choice of Sergeant Man ans Thunacarr Knott is optional.
No time to work it out on MM though.
Dave

wbmkk

« Reply #4 on: 21:45:58, 09/07/08 »
We wanted to go clockwise

The idea of getting water from the spring at the bottom of The Great Slab appealed to us, save having to carry too much water

Enough to drink wouldn't be too bad, then getting filled up for a cuppa, some supper and the obligatory morning coffee seemed the perfect idea.

Are there any other springs as good as the Bowfell one

Not that I know that one is good, but on the BBC Wainwrights walk progamme, it just looked like the best water to come from Mother Nature

Thanks !

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:03:37, 09/07/08 »
Then you would be best starting with Lingmoor - Pike O'Blisco- Crinkle Crags- Bowfell - Angle Tarn.

Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy