Author Topic: [Trip Report] The Edale Skyline Walk.  (Read 9361 times)

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
Re: [Trip Report] The Edale Skyline Walk.
« Reply #15 on: 09:29:12, 30/03/10 »
Great photo's Mark, and a great achievement. Now I have met you I understand your enthusiasm for walking/scrambling/climbing. Only wish I was 40 years younger and born a fella, then I would join you. The spirit is there, but not sure if the body is up to it  :2funny:  Ilona

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 10:50:41, 30/03/10 »
Just caught up with this one. A great report Mark of a fine walk and supplemented with some great pictures.
Regards,
Dave

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 13:08:57, 30/03/10 »
I enjoyed that, i was tempted to come along but a family trip to Outdoors show/Alton Towers took precident.

Granty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 11:57:50, 31/03/10 »
Great report - Shame I couldnt make it but its one I need to do again this year - you are cruel starting from Edale rather than Hope!
Check out SLP Photography Derbyshire Wedding Photographer

BatFink

« Reply #19 on: 12:09:46, 31/03/10 »
Great report Mark & some fantastic pictures  O0 . Still gutted I couldn't make this one but the legs nearly sorted so I'll be on a meet-up soon!

Boothy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 12:16:47, 31/03/10 »
Great report - Shame I couldnt make it but its one I need to do again this year - you are cruel starting from Edale rather than Hope!

Wouldn't that make it the Hope skyline?  ;D

Seriously though, it would be nice to get lose hill out of the way a little earlier
134/214

Granty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 12:18:16, 31/03/10 »
Yeah from what I've read its always done go up Lose Hill first from Hope and then you walk around and Win Hill is the only sting in the tail....Radder just wanted to finish closer to that pub!
Check out SLP Photography Derbyshire Wedding Photographer

Requiem

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 12:48:44, 31/03/10 »
LOL small world. There were two Rangers crashed on the fallen gate post next to Hope Cross when you were taking the photo - think I said hello to one of you. Was a cracking day that - t-shirts one minute then fleeces the next. Did you see the big Chinook helicopters that were blasting around?
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 17:37:35, 31/03/10 »
LOL small world. There were two Rangers crashed on the fallen gate post next to Hope Cross when you were taking the photo - think I said hello to one of you. Was a cracking day that - t-shirts one minute then fleeces the next. Did you see the big Chinook helicopters that were blasting around?

Hi Requiem we might have said hello can't remember though, It was very busy in parts Saturday especially round Mam Tor and the Win Hill sections oh and Kinder Southern edge between Grindsbrook and Edale Head was like Blackpool on a Saturday afternoon..Horrible to many people for me. Yeah we did see the Chinook Helicopters flying around..

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 17:47:12, 31/03/10 »
you are cruel starting from Edale rather than Hope!

The proper way to do the Edale Skyline is from Edale and not Hope, Yes I know after nearly 20 miles Lose Hill is [censored]***d to climb but that is why it's a Challenge walk, Also starting from Hope the walk is only around 19 miles and is far to easy  ;)
There is talk of re doing this walk with Steve not completing the whole route, but we are now setting a challenge walk a month now right through the summer months and will be in and around the Peak District with being central to everybody.
Steve is doing the next one around 20 miles around Monsal Dale, but others being planned are a 24 mile Buxton - Ashbourne walk. The Classic 25 mile Marsden - Edale oh and a nice little 28 miler in the western Peaks so plenty of walks coming up  :)

Still gutted I couldn't make this one but the legs nearly sorted so I'll be on a meet-up soon!

Be great to see you out and about again Ian  O0

scenic

« Reply #25 on: 20:15:01, 01/04/10 »
The proper way to do the Edale Skyline is from Edale and not Hope,
Is that an official rule or a Radder rule?  ;)  Can someone who's done the Skyline from Hope truly say they've done the Edale Skyline?
Life without spice is like food without flavour

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 20:21:02, 01/04/10 »
Is that an official rule or a Radder rule?  ;)  Can someone who's done the Skyline from Hope truly say they've done the Edale Skyline?

http://www.planetfear.com/events/Edale_Skyline_2010_1946.html

http://paulswilliams.me.uk/walkingwithwilliams/?p=30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnea_E4Swbk

joester

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 20:53:34, 01/04/10 »
but others being planned are a 24 mile Buxton - Ashbourne walk.

I was looking at that on the map, how are you going to get from Buxton to Hartington? - there does not seem to be a route of any quality...
solvitur ambulando

scenic

« Reply #28 on: 01:03:24, 02/04/10 »
Thanks for the reply, theguyuk. O0

I didn't want to be saying (if only to myself) that I'd completed a challenge that I hadn't actually properly done. But whether from Hope or Edale, it's a good walk. Will add 'Edale Skyline from Edale' to this year's 'to do' list.
Life without spice is like food without flavour

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy