Author Topic: Welsh 3000  (Read 977 times)

DMc

Welsh 3000
« on: 19:22:56, 06/04/09 »
Hi all,

I've said I'll do the Welsh 3000 for cancer research, I've never done much walking before.

On a recent training day  in Snowdonia i really struggled with my knees & feet coming down.

My question is- do walking poles help!!

I'll be grateful for any advice

False_Summit_Veteran

Re: Welsh 3000
« Reply #1 on: 19:47:07, 06/04/09 »
I was thinking the same thing yesterday on the Glyders.  Got talking to a lad who was going back to do the full 3000's in June as he stopped to get his poles out.  We had a little chat and I walked away leaving him to repack his bag a couple of minutes later, I heard teh clack clack of poles on the rocky surface and then he passed me again, withing 10 minutes he was way off ahead.  When I do the 3000's, I thought, the first thing I am going to do is make sure I'd packed my poles. 
Any Moel's a goal.

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
Re: Welsh 3000
« Reply #2 on: 20:06:46, 06/04/09 »
I use poles and they've made a big difference to my knees. I used to get quite a bit of pain in my knees (especially my right knee) before I tried poles but now I get no trouble at all, except for when I don't use my poles because it doesn't seem worth getting them out for a short bit of down hill. One day I'll learn... ::)

What sort of trouble are you getting with your feet? A lot of foot problems are associated with poor fitting boots so you may need to experiment with insoles, footbeds and/or different lacing up techniques to find what works best for you.

Good luck with your challenge! O0
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy