Author Topic: Snowdon, again on Sunday  (Read 966 times)

redeye

• Veteran Member
Snowdon, again on Sunday
« on: 22:02:38, 14/09/09 »
After the exhilarating day on Friday it was another day going up Snowdon on Sunday. This time it was with my son who has wanted to go up Snowdon after seeing his sister and mum tackle it. It was his 2nd time at trying as the first lasted about an hour 4 months ago. Anyway as the weather was perfect and was my last free Sunday for a bit, it was on. We took the Pyg up and Miners down. I never get tired of this place so it was a joy for me to have my lad with me. I hope it can rub off on him like it has my daugter who has been out with us quite  a few times this past 18 months. It was busy but not too busy. Wedidn't get in the car park but I knew we wouldn't on a day like yesterday but it's no problem. The cafe is qute good and I personly don't see anything wrong with it. A lot of people on Crib and also a lot of paragliders knocking about. Took just over 4 hours to get back to Manchester becuase of the traffic. It didn't help as it took an hour and a half to get from snowdon to bets y coed as there was a big motor bike rally and there was quite literally 1000's of bikes!! i didn't mind that bit as I love motorbikes and it was a sight to behold. A proper turn out O0
Here's a few pics

More pictures here http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g199/soulandy/Sharp%20Edge/Snowdon%2013-9-09/  O0

Exit5man

• Veteran Member
Re: Snowdon, again on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: 10:27:09, 15/09/09 »
Cracking photo's Redeye. It's hard to believe it's on a sunday except for Crib Goch there's hardly a soul about . I was there last thursday although the cafe was quite there were still loads of walkers about .It looks alot safer for the paragliders at the weekend .In midweek the top was getting buzzed time after time by alsorts of aircraft .
Everyday when i wake up i thank the Lord im Welsh .

Never walk under a black cat :-)

Stoke scrambler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:14:09, 16/09/09 »
I take it you were there last Sunday, I was on the Carneddu on the Saturday, fantastic weather. I've done Snaowdon about 6 times this year by various routes.
Nice pics look forward to seeing more posts

In The Shadow

« Reply #3 on: 14:09:38, 16/09/09 »
Oh Redeyes you are getting about a lot. You need one of those flying machines in your pics.  ;D

treborpope

« Reply #4 on: 19:06:25, 16/09/09 »
incredible photo's..... brilliant weathe!

stoke scrambler - i thought i was a snowdon veteran - 10 times in 15 years - 6 times in a year is a new target for me!!!!!!
"the ground over there looks less boggy........ oh b*gger"

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:12:37, 16/09/09 »
Oh Redeyes you are getting about a lot. You need one of those flying machines in your pics.  ;D
Just taking advantage of the weather. well it's rude not to  :D

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:17:54, 16/09/09 »
incredible photo's..... brilliant weathe!

stoke scrambler - i thought i was a snowdon veteran - 10 times in 15 years - 6 times in a year is a new target for me!!!!!!
4 times last year and 4 this year although 2 trips this year we turned back. January 3rd because of too much ice around the zig zags and four months ago as me son's first attempt ended in misery :( The best time I had was New Years Day this year. Unreal weather

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy