Author Topic: wild camping in the lakes - some graphic photos  (Read 7620 times)

solo backpacker

Re: wild camping in the lakes - some graphic photos
« Reply #15 on: 19:56:24, 02/04/07 »
i know, i was pretty impressed. i wonder how long they had to shoot that scene?

there was obviously a technique as he threw the stick on its side in an arc from left to right, this gives the most chance of contact as the stick travels along the rabbits projected path. rabbits usually start with a bolt forward before moving side to side.

i have problems stalking rabbits to get within rifle range let alone effective killing stick range, he didn't even seem to be making an effort and got close.
Man, I see the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy [censored] we don't need.

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 12:09:45, 03/04/07 »
Aha but know you need trees, they are good, which one did you get? :)
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

solo backpacker

« Reply #17 on: 17:48:07, 03/04/07 »
are we talking about hammocks now? i'm a bit lost?!

if so i went for the Hennessey hammock, its well comfortable, and yes, you do need trees! i have seen them used as a tent with trekking poles, and you can use any type of anchor point, rock, tree, truck etc so they are pretty versatile. don't think i'd use it on the wilderness slopes of the scottish mountains though!
Man, I see the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy [censored] we don't need.

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 19:06:15, 03/04/07 »
Hi yes we are talking about hammocks ;)

I was under the believe that they made a few versions? 

solo backpacker

« Reply #19 on: 19:32:29, 03/04/07 »
ultralite backpacker of course!

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 19:44:03, 03/04/07 »
Oh, you will be flying through them hills ;D

Sorry about the posts, i seemed to have missed your responce to (BearsG) ::)

I know what you mean, i think they must have stuck the bunny to the floor, with super glue ;D ;D

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 17:51:06, 15/09/07 »
Well thats got to be the best B&B you can get (basher & bivvy)

So on your course did you also do the fish eyes (yum yum, full of vit c) oh and worm pizza is not too bad either?
 ;D ;D
O0 hi SB, blackberry woods in sussex,open camp fire sounds great, would love some info an that,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 17:56:08, 15/09/07 »
Might be of interest to you, did you see Bears Ghyl (most unlikely to be spelt correct) catch that rabbit last night with a stick, wow what a throw :)
O0 i watched it sometime ago, cracking shot eh? did you hear the noise when it hit the rabbit/hare hahaha.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 20:31:09, 18/09/07 »
 som ace pics there pal, did the rabbit taste beter than it looked?

solo backpacker

« Reply #24 on: 07:40:35, 19/09/07 »
darsky -

Now then

http://www.blackberrywood.com/ for all the details of the campsite i mentioned

Rabbit was good, the one we did in the hangi was the best, still really juicy inside. Squirell wasn't bad either. I need to book my next trip soon. I don't know why but it always get to this point of the year and I realise I've missed all the good weather, not been out at all - doh

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy