Author Topic: Karrimor. Are they getting better?  (Read 4068 times)

PeterWul

Re: Karrimor. Are they getting better?
« Reply #15 on: 20:45:34, 30/03/21 »
Thank you.  I just take the view that after a bad experience, the best thing one can do is make the fact known so that the seller is less likely to be rewarded for dodgy quality.  The fact is that for about an extra 20p of cost if that, better and heavier quality and waxed thread could have been used to somewhat match the Vibram soles.  No or little extra labour cost would have been involved.  I am however a cynic so when I am abused I can use social media to even the balance a little.  I have resorted to buying 1mm thick heavy duty waxed thread and a bradawl and heavy duty needles to cobble together the boots to extract the life I expected to get and didn't, but then I am a stubborn old b*gger. :-).  So spreading the word is the name of the game so that others are less likely to also get caught.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 22:10:42, 30/03/21 »
Thank you. ...
I have resorted to buying 1mm thick heavy duty waxed thread and a bradawl and heavy duty needles to cobble together the boots to extract the life I expected to get and didn't, but then I am a stubborn old b*gger. :-).

Strange that you should mention that....

These aren't Karrimor boots, by the way - they are Brasher Hillmasters that let me down after a year. My repair got another 6 months of light duty out of them, but they are now in the bin as the so called waterproof liner split, and was starting to rub at the back of my heel.
« Last Edit: 22:16:08, 30/03/21 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 23:53:44, 30/03/21 »

Welcome to the forum, Peter.  :)

Yes, shame how a once great brand has fallen so low. I still have a Karrimat from the early 1980's - seemingly indestructible, and my Karrimor Jaguar 65 litre rucksack, also from the '80's, is still going strong; my 'go to' rucksack for wild camping.

I think I have the same rucksack Richard.  I still use mine when I need the space.

I'm sticking with my support for Modern Karrimore walking shoes.  I have walked several hundred miles in my current pair and will replace with the same again. Mrs G has the same type and hersbarevgood too.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy