Author Topic: Hello 2  (Read 920 times)

Sevenup

Hello 2
« on: 20:51:44, 29/02/20 »
I’ve joined looking to extend my walking range. I walk daily with my dogs and infrequently do a couple of days on the WHW camping out with a dog. Planning some long distance stuff (? Pennine Way, Southern Upland Way or C2C). Hoping for a steer on dog friendly accommodation on these routes. Plan to camp some nights but would like some comforts if possible from time to time. Hoping to glean from others experiences

SloMo

Re: Hello 2
« Reply #1 on: 14:19:36, 06/03/20 »
Welcome from Leicestershire. Can't help with dogs I'm afraid.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:46:10, 06/03/20 »
Welcome from South Cumbria.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:21:50, 06/03/20 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:27:22, 06/03/20 »
Welcome from Portsmouth

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:30:41, 06/03/20 »
Welcome from Manchester  :)

Sevenup

« Reply #6 on: 19:59:35, 06/03/20 »
Hi folks. Thanks. I’ve just received notification of all the replies. Enjoying what I read so far. Can’t make up my mind whether it’s C2C or PW. Of course I still have stuff to do here like the East Highland Way, southern Upland Way and the scottish Coast to Coast. Better get moving.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:28:04, 06/03/20 »
I have a friend who walked the PW with her dog, they wild camped the whole way. The dog, a collie, carried two days supply of food in a specially tailored saddle bag restocked at village shops etc. She got the dog used to doing this for a long time before that particular walk. She also said she inspected the dogs paws at lunch time and each evening just to be on the safe side. She had a selection of vets surgery details on her phone just to make sure she knew where to get help for the dog if needed. She and her wonderful dog had the time of their lives. They thinking of doing the C2C this year. Last year they walked Offas Dyke.

I have a cat and she refuses to walk to the top of the garden, so I'll continue with my solo jaunts.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Sevenup

« Reply #8 on: 20:32:15, 06/03/20 »
Hi jimbob

I walk stretches of the WHW regularly with one of the dogs. They have saddle bags that they love since they carry 2 days food. Train to Bridge of Orchy and walk to Kingshouse. Camp by the river. Eat in the bar and the dog gets treated like royalty. I’m happy to wild camp but the thought of a warm bed occasionally is appealing

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:42:41, 06/03/20 »
You can train my cat if you want ;D
Too little, too late, too bad......

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy