Author Topic: Waterproofs  (Read 3716 times)

lynn

Waterproofs
« on: 13:10:01, 24/10/06 »
I have now sent 3 Berghaus gortex paclites back to the shop where I bought them due to leaks!

I wondered if anyone else had been unlucky like me.

Luckily, Berghaus' customer service is excellent and I have had all 3 replaced (last one refunded) - so I can't fault them....  but I've lost confidence  and dont know which jacket to choose now??  Has anyone else had bad experience with Gortex?

Help.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
Re: Waterproofs
« Reply #1 on: 18:10:09, 24/10/06 »
Well i got a north face paclite jacket which as been OK up to now but on the other hand my partner as had Mountain Equipment jacket  and that leaked he was wet though. Right to his skin he washed it in nikwax tech wash and tx.direct wash in and than tx.direct spray-on. we did this twice when we was in wasdale and than home and its been fine since i would go for a north face one. He also got a Berghaus gortex paclites as well but he not used that one yet how long do paclite last for thats what i like to know.
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

lynn

« Reply #2 on: 20:33:08, 24/10/06 »
Thanks for advice - its nice to know I'm not the only one but in same way sorry to hear your partner has had same problem!  Will try Northface. 

As for how long they are supposed to last...I'm no expert but when I took the jackets back the shops reckoned Gore-tex is supposed to have lifetime guarantee....their website may have more info...www.gore-tex.com.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:29:49, 25/10/06 »
Well we both got are this year and i had no problems with mine.  Like you and my partner he got  wet through he might as well of  walk naked or top less at one point he had to change his top.
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy