Author Topic: Robens Arrowhead Tent  (Read 3970 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Robens Arrowhead Tent
« on: 11:30:54, 09/03/19 »
I'm looking at different sites trying to decide which one man tent to buy. I completly forgot to consider the possibility of Robens tent. They make an Arrowhead 1.5kg, which is featured  in the Great Outdoors on line magazine, under their Gear News section, to my eyes it looks appealing. Does anyone own one? If so what do you think, or even think of Robens as a manufacturer?

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
Re: Robens Arrowhead Tent
« Reply #1 on: 12:43:39, 09/03/19 »

Going at a tangent - have you considered the Gelert Solo or Track 1 tent ?

I have one and it is an ideal 'small' 'coffin' type tent and at under £30 well made and waterproof

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/137894/products/gelert-solo-1-man-tent.aspx

Fabric Outer: 190T Polyester with waterproof PU coating  Fabric Inner: 170T breathable Polyester
Groundsheet: 150D Oxford PU 1500mm
Pack Size: 39x12x11cm
Weight: 1.5 kg
Poles: 2 x 6.9mm Fibreglass
Colour: Green/Black
Pitch: Inner first
Strong Pegs
Hi-Viz Guy Ropes
Taped seams: Yes
« Last Edit: 12:53:07, 09/03/19 by alan de enfield »

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:53:20, 09/03/19 »
"This item is out of stock and no longer available"
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:08:01, 09/03/19 »
Gelert groundsheet does not meet the recomended UK hh of 3000mm, (only 1500mm) you may need a footprint as well.
Too little, too late, too bad......

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:22:49, 09/03/19 »
Gelert groundsheet does not meet the recomended UK hh of 3000mm, (only 1500mm) you may need a footprint as well.

I noticed that - the "Solo" has an HH of 1500 but the 'Track-1' has an HH of 3000.
The one I have claims 3000HH,

From the Track 1 advert

[font=]The Gelert Track 1 is a lightweight, compact tent and very easy to erect. The build quality is superb with a 3000-mm Hydrostatic Head, fully taped seams and a weather checking process which Gelert perform before releasing the tents. This tent features lightweight but strong fibreglass poles which helps keep this tent very light at only 1600grams.  [font=]

« Last Edit: 13:25:58, 09/03/19 by alan de enfield »

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 14:47:38, 09/03/19 »

I noticed that - the "Solo" has an HH of 1500 but the 'Track-1' has an HH of 3000.
The one I have claims 3000HH,

From the Track 1 advert

[font=]The Gelert Track 1 is a lightweight, compact tent and very easy to erect. The build quality is superb with a 3000-mm Hydrostatic Head, fully taped seams and a weather checking process which Gelert perform before releasing the tents. This tent features lightweight but strong fibreglass poles which helps keep this tent very light at only 1600grams.  [font=]

O0 Thanks for this clarification,  Alan.
Too little, too late, too bad......

MudMagnet

« Reply #7 on: 11:37:15, 12/03/19 »
I own the Starlight 1 and it is my go to tent in cold and demanding conditions.  No room inside and difficult to change when your inside it, but it is a bomb proof bit of kit.  Goes up quicker than my buddies Zephyros 1.  I can't comment on the tent in question, but as far as Robens as a manufacturer? Brilliant, some really good design features and a quality product, the downside is the general weight of their products.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13:54:11, 12/03/19 »
Your Starlight has a hydrostatic head of 5000, whilst the Arrowhead is 3000. I don't really understand what this means but both are claimed to be waterproof. I like the price of the Arrowhead, (I've seen it priced around £80) I assume its waterproof enough for our kind of rain and the claim is that it weighs 1.5kg. That ticks my boxes, plus its a side entrance as well. I've never owned a tent design like this before, obviously not free standing (I've never had to even think of free standing my present tent before) and I keep wondering if there any real disadvantage to a two hoop design that I should seriously think about?

I've more or less given up on the idea of a Naturehike Targi, I've read worries that like the Tarptent Rainbow, which it copies, it can collapse in some stronger wind and rain conditions?

I think I now know why I can't see any in depth reviews on the Arrowhead, its only just been released on the market.

I need to make my decision before April, or just use my old tent for a while longer?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy