Author Topic: Oex stove  (Read 2540 times)

Nicholiath

Oex stove
« on: 18:38:50, 24/11/18 »
I have an oex xt1 mini gas stove and bought some go system power source 220g gas canisters.
The stove tightens down onto canister but gas won't flow.
What canisters are compatible please

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
Re: Oex stove
« Reply #1 on: 19:41:02, 24/11/18 »
This may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjDYoBORsRk

If you read the reviews here https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/oex-xt-1-stove-pan-set-p362163 there would seem to be a problem with the thickness of the rubber washer the manufacturer's have used under the connector on the stove which prevents a proper connection being made.

Rather than messing about with it my advice would be to return it for a full refund.

Nicholiath

« Reply #2 on: 20:20:35, 24/11/18 »
Thanks kinky boots.
I bought it with the cook set as ex display from eBay bargain for 14 quid.
I like the POTS etc so I will try changing the seal on the stove.

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:37:13, 24/11/18 »
I've had this with a Chinese stove and Coleman gas. Some worked, some didn't. Very annoying.

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:15:16, 25/11/18 »
I have an oex xt1 mini gas stove and bought some go system power source 220g gas canisters.
The stove tightens down onto canister but gas won't flow.
What canisters are compatible please

Before I bought my 'Chinese' stoves I read about this problem, it is not a frequent issue but it appears that some of the 'pins' that push down the gas cartridge valve are too short to operate the valve properly. It has been reported happening in most makes (I guess they are probably all made in the same Chinese factory and just badged as required)

I've been fortunate that all of the 99p ones I bought off Ebay have been fine. (There was a supplier price war and the prices were getting daily lower & lower, when they got to £1.99 I bought a couple, but when they got to 99p I bought a 'few' more - you cannot have too many stoves).

Nicholiath

« Reply #5 on: 12:43:29, 25/11/18 »
Sorted it.
Replaced o ring with a slightly thinner one and it works fine. ;D
Thanks for the advice  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy