Author Topic: False MRT call out man faces jail  (Read 4850 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: False MRT call out man faces jail
« Reply #30 on: 09:37:20, 16/12/17 »
I think 23 was classed as  troll hater syndrome. ;)

Ohh, I hope not... I like trolls.

.... for breakfast usually  :D

Stube

« Reply #31 on: 20:56:18, 16/12/17 »
Well I scored 22 so I'm supposedly not on the spectrum - I'll have to tell Sarah - she's convinced I am! I'm inclined to agree with her.

I'm well aware that I can obsess about things but only for about a year or so at a time then I get bored! I think the test is flawed - it has an obsession with numbers something which being  both mildly dislexsic and discalculic I've tended to avoid. Not a good trait for a engineer! The point is I think I'm an quiet introvert - something which my pro-am theatre friends refuse to agree with!

Perhaps I'm Jekell until Hyde escapes!

« Last Edit: 21:00:47, 16/12/17 by Stube »

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 07:05:31, 17/12/17 »
The press report shows "Michael Parry Cuminskey", whilst clearly this may not be the same person (???) there is a report on the Internet of a "Michael Harry Cumiskey" also from Darlington and appears to be the same age who was arrested and found guilty in 2014.  He admitted to wearing a British Army combat uniform bearing a regimental cap badge without permission. Cumiskey also pleaded guilty to fraud by false representation to members of the public in order to make a gain for himself or cause loss to others.  In his possession Cumiskey had poppies, wristbands, sponsorship forms and lots of coins and cash, as he had been telling members of the public that he was going to take part in the 2014 5k poppy run for the Royal British Legion in Newcastle. However, checks revealed that no further poppy runs were scheduled to take place this year, and that Cumiskey had not registered his sponsorship with the Royal British Legion.  The court also heard how Cumiskey suffers from ADHD and was currently being assessed for autism.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 14:13:31, 17/12/17 »
And there is more, I guess that some will have less sympathy for him than before.  However I'm not sure what punishment/help he needs to stop similar things happening in future.

"He pleaded guilty at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates Court to driving without due care and attention, failing to stop after a road accident, failing to report a road accident, driving without insurance and driving without a licence."  Calling out the MRT and these other "issues" seems as though he needs some help, however administered.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 16:35:31, 17/12/17 »
And there is more, I guess that some will have less sympathy for him than before.  However I'm not sure what punishment/help he needs to stop similar things happening in future.

"He pleaded guilty at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates Court to driving without due care and attention, failing to stop after a road accident, failing to report a road accident, driving without insurance and driving without a licence."  Calling out the MRT and these other "issues" seems as though he needs some help, however administered.

Most people with autism are not criminals.This man strikes me as being very devious and full of mischief.

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 17:00:29, 17/12/17 »

Most people with autism are not criminals.This man strikes me as being very devious and full of mischief.

Having read the more recent posts, I would tend to agree.
I was sympathetic at first, but he actually seems to be a bit of a public menace in reality. Maybe he just uses his condition to justify bad behaviour??

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 17:04:18, 20/12/17 »
Chris Packham the very well known television personality, recently came out and declared he suffers from acute autism, and prefers his own company, and he has got directly involved in controversial situations, regarding conservation  of wildlife, but those were done for the right reasons, and in my opinion were fully justified.

Each person and the way they treat a particular disability, must be handled carefully, but the fact that a prosecution was considered, must mean that this man knew his actions would cause distress to others, and may prevent the MRTs carrying out their much needed service.

Ive read over the past year or two of several other idiots, who think its a great laugh and a bit of fun to call out rescue volunteers on a wild goose chase, yet i believe none were prosecuted or reprimanded.

If more of these people were actually brought to account for their foolish actions, maybe unnecessary call outs would become a thing of the past.

People would think twice, do i really need to make that phone call, or can i safely navigate my way to safety.

Personal injury, or the injury of another person in a group, is totally justified in a callout, but there are countless  instances where people have ventured into the mountains, totally unprepared, and totally out of their depth, and then expect people to come to their rescue.

If successful prosecutions were publicised regularly, possibly it may make a majority of these unnecessary call outs a thing of the past.
« Last Edit: 17:14:47, 20/12/17 by Dyffryn Ardudwy »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy