Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292225 times)

Hedgetrimmer

What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« on: 18:11:48, 05/09/16 »
Today I did buy an Osprey Daylite 13l day pack to replace my old Berghaus pack which is a bit big and heavy, and looking decidedly tatty.
Also, a Leki trekking pole; decided to give it a shot again, as my knee isn't getting any better.
And, replaced a couple of my OS maps of the Lake District, as the old ones are getting a bit faded around the creases.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #1 on: 18:15:54, 05/09/16 »
OL9 OL28 OS Explorer sheets 109, 113,114,127. Anyone spot an underlying theme?
Solvitur Ambulando

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Where there's a will ...

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:08:33, 05/09/16 »
A humble pack of socks... Mainly because my brother and his girlfriend were treating themselves to some very nice-looking walking boots at Blacks yesterday afternoon and I was feeling left out.   ;D

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:20:14, 05/09/16 »
OS181 and OS182.

maximurph

« Reply #5 on: 19:45:48, 05/09/16 »
Just picked up a freebie boot bag from screwfix with a voucher that was posted through the door.

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:20:47, 05/09/16 »
Not really gear - compeed...

The other half just got a Garmin Montana handheld gps.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 22:29:21, 05/09/16 »
Hardly seems fair  ;D
Where there's a will ...

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 22:52:47, 05/09/16 »
New tent - not a superduper lightweight backpacking tent :( - just a bog standard eurohike dome for use on campsites as my old one has started to rip after 16 yrs.
It's green >:( the old one was blue :) I like blue :D green is sort of military >:(
But it was cheap ;D
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 22:55:33, 05/09/16 »
Hardly seems fair  ;D

S'oright - I'll hold his blisters hostage unless he lets me have a go 😱😃😈

Downdale

« Reply #10 on: 23:08:41, 05/09/16 »
Last bit of kit I bought was a Montane Minimus hybrid jacket, well made, looks spiffing and hopefully lasts years.
Next on the hit list is a Gortex baseball cap and the Super Terra strides then I'll leave my poor piggy bank alone... ::)

Tomo

« Reply #11 on: 09:17:54, 06/09/16 »
Another set of Alpkit Carbonlite trekking poles. I got a set for my birthday back in May but my girlfriend immediately 'borrowed' one and I never saw it again! Bought another set as they are fantastic bits of kit :)

jea_p

« Reply #12 on: 09:59:44, 06/09/16 »
Insect repellent, which I have yet to use despite there being plenty of insects around.

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 16:34:31, 06/09/16 »
I bought a Thermarest NeoAir inflatable mattress earlier this year. Its main drwback is that its not self inflating, it takes me about 40 puffs which wears me out. Thermarest seels a battery powered pump but I settled for their low-tech answer. Its a yellow plastic bag with a hole in the end which fits over the open valve. All I have to do is roll up the bag and squeeze the air into the mattress. I inflated it at the weekend with just 4 goes. Its a good idea, no moving parts, no batteries and the bag weighs next to nothing. When not in use I can use it in my rucksack for storage.

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 17:06:19, 06/09/16 »
I've just been into my local Mountain Warehouse and made use of a 10% discount code that I was given back in June and bought a pair of their own brand waterproof overtrousers.  The cheapest ones they had were £25.99 but for £29.99 I was able to get a much more expensive pair that had been reduced.  If you buy anything else at the same time it is half price, so I bought some waterproofing treatment and also a water bottle that my wife wanted.  After discount the whole lot came to about £35, which I was quite happy with.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy