Author Topic: Coast to Coast  (Read 23179 times)

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: Coast to Coast
« Reply #30 on: 09:31:19, 11/05/07 »
MJB

I will have  a sort out and get as much as i can for you. StoneW to Patterdale, thats a good days walking but you can get a good hearty meal at the end  ;D. All in all its a great walk your doing and i hope you enjoy it as much as i did. I'd even say as far as its one of the best if not the best walk.

My humble opinion only ;)
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Brian

« Reply #31 on: 09:11:20, 18/05/07 »

Yippee, 4 weeks today I will be on the boat  on my way to the C2C ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Now I am counting down the days!!

Brian

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 10:32:43, 18/05/07 »
The phrase "giddy as a school-boy" comes to mind!  ;D ;D

Brian

« Reply #33 on: 13:28:53, 18/05/07 »

Hi Mr Blister,

I accept that as a compliment ;D it was a long time ago I was a schoolboy ;)  (I left over 40 yrs ago).

Thinking about it, I bet as a schoolboy I would not have looked forward to the walk, and doubt if I would have enjoyed it.  Now I am older I look forward to the walks and enjoy everything  about them, ie peace and quiet, sight in the country, fresh air, meeting other like minded people, a couple of pints of good ale in the evening, Fish & Chips out of a bag, I had better stop as I could go on and on and on :D

Brian

muggie

« Reply #34 on: 18:05:00, 22/05/07 »
hiya. we're about to do the coast to coast walk for the first time and was just wondering whether you can just camp anywhere as we are trying to cut the amount of days down. if anyone could reply with legal ca,ping information we would be very grateful. lotsa love, us xxxxxxxxxxxx (we like cheese) xxxxxx

Brian

« Reply #35 on: 20:21:15, 14/06/07 »
Hey the day has finally arrived !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

All gear packed and all sorted to leave the Isle of Man on the first ferry tomorrow morning, followed by a train journey to St Bees and the start of the Coast to Coast. Looks like I am in for some wet weather but Hey ho it will not dampen my spirits.

Will let you know how it goes on my return

Brian

Peak Bagger

« Reply #36 on: 21:35:50, 14/06/07 »
Hi

I am off to do the c2c in August (my first long distance)...and already so excited at the prospect! Got the maps out tonight  ;D
Having looked through the forum it seems like a lot of people are either planning to do, or have done c2c. How much training do people recommend? I feel that I am walk fit and currently can do about 12 miles but think I will need to start up'ing this soon....what has everyone else been doing as prep?

M J B

« Reply #37 on: 22:32:57, 14/06/07 »
Good Luck!
I start on the 25th, not done nearly enough training oops!
I can do 15 miles no problem but doing upto 24 for 11 days hummmm madness

Peak Bagger

« Reply #38 on: 22:41:22, 14/06/07 »
Wow what a coincidence, we (me and Crag Rat) are going the same day!....another person mad enough to head to the Lakes on a Bank Holiday weekend ha ha!
We are doing it over 12 days, I think our longest is the last day (19 miles) so luckily no 24 mile stretches for me! still must do some more training. You done long distance before?

Peak Bagger

« Reply #39 on: 22:44:05, 14/06/07 »
oops just noticed you meant June doh!  ;D
Still, good luck hope all goes well, good luck and let me know how it goes

M J B

« Reply #40 on: 17:44:32, 16/06/07 »
Ive done a few 26 mile walks but not day after day.
Just off out now down the canal to get a few miles in!

Emma

« Reply #41 on: 18:20:17, 30/06/07 »
MJB: SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?????

How did it go??????

:)

M J B

« Reply #42 on: 23:45:51, 06/07/07 »
Im back  :crazy2:
It went very well, 5 nights wild camping 1 night in a bunk barn and 5 nights at campsites/pubs. Got my meals in pubs, so ive been living like a king.
Will add a bit more to this tomorrow, im off for a nice bed :smitten:

Brian

« Reply #43 on: 17:32:20, 07/07/07 »
Well done MJB, unfortunately I had to throw in the towel at Richmond with what has turned out to be a bad case of Tendonitis which I carried for 5 days of the walk. Now back home and ankle strapped up, popping pills to get the swelling down and been told it will take at least 6 weeks of rest :-[ :-[ Once my ankle has healed up and got its strength back I will have just 4 more days to do to get to the finish at Robin Hoods Bay O0

Was very lucky with the weather, the rain was always ahead of us until the walk into Richmond, this meant that in the lakes we were able to do all the high routes so took in Haystacks, St Sunday Crag, Helm Crag, Kidsty Pike etc.

Really disappointed that I didnt finish it in one go but would say to anyone thinking of doing it to go ahead, its a great walk with stunning scenery and you meet some interesting people,

Brian

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 05:58:16, 08/07/07 »
Hi MJB, Brian,

Well done, and glad to have you back!

Brian, sorry to hear about your woes, I wouldn't worry about it too much, you put yourself through a lot of strain. Glad to hear that you're planning on returning for the last few days.  ;)

Are either of you planning on writing a report? I for one would be interested in reading it, and I'm sure others on here would be as well.

My hat's off to sirs.  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy