Author Topic: Womens day rucksack  (Read 656 times)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Womens day rucksack
« on: 19:58:33, 23/02/20 »
We’ve more or less decided to do the Cleveland Way this year. In which case I need to get a new rucksack. My current one is a Berghaus Freeflow 25l womens. I’m currently leaning towards an Osprey, possibly the Sirrus. Anyone tried this one? I will probably have to order online, we just have Go Outdoors and Millets here so will have a look first and see what they have.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Womens day rucksack
« Reply #1 on: 20:07:36, 23/02/20 »
I don't personally know that particular rucksack but I've bought three rucksacks over the past few years and I personally am convinced that for carrying comfort my Osprey 48L is definately the best!

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:13:46, 23/02/20 »
Go Outdoors sell Osprey packs aplenty.  Never seen them in Millets though. I've got the Tempest 20 which is plenty big enough for my "proper" day walks in any season - I find the stretchy helmet pocket really useful (which it looks like the Sirrus doesn't have, or has been replaced with a zipped compartment).

...I've not hankered after another rucksack since buying this one...

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:32:10, 23/02/20 »
I have a Lowe Alpine airzone, think it's about 20litres, which I am really happy with.I also have an Osprey Talon 33 which is very comfortable as long as it isn't too full.  My only quibble with it is that it is hard to keep the rain out of it.  The lid is attached in such a way that it doesn't entirely cover the top of the rucksack, and it doesn't have an integral rain cover.

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:52:48, 02/03/20 »
Thanks for the replies. It's my birthday later this week so I’ve dropped hints to the family, but we’ve just been to my daughter’s for the weekend and she’s given me her present. Never mind I’ll just be buying myself a present!

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 09:12:33, 03/03/20 »
What about the Freeflow 25 makes it inadequate? Too small? I have a 34l women's Gregory pack that I've used on short trips (up to 5 days so far but could have done more) but not camping. I also use it when hillwalking in winter or when I need to take lots of kit for some other reason. For summer hillwalking my Osprey Talon 22 is great.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 07:44:53, 04/03/20 »
For day walks I really like the Alpkit Gourdon (Mine is 20L but there are 25 and 35? versions) dry bag. while others are desperately attaching flapping covers it is perfect for wet days. Well priced too.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:31:56, 04/03/20 »
Thanks I will look at those also. It's not that there’s necessarily anything wrong with the Berghaus Freeflow (except mine is very old and falling to pieces), I just thought there might be something better out there now.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy