Author Topic: Can my leaky boots be fixed?  (Read 3926 times)

Birdman

• Veteran Member
Re: Can my leaky boots be fixed?
« Reply #15 on: 17:17:19, 06/09/20 »
Boots are so personal, any advice apart from quality/ durability is not very useful. You just have to try what works for you. Smiley
My travel and walking reports: https://www.hikingbirdman.com/

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

watershed

« Reply #17 on: 07:56:57, 08/09/20 »
Have you come across a brand called Keen? I've worn Meindl as my UK winter boot for many years, but have now added a set of Keen Targhee 111 mid wp.
Got a price match from Cotswold at £89! Not a full on winter boot but up to now are waterproof and well impressed. They will certainly relegate the Meindl's to snow / similar for this winter.

There is an independent  2020 review of Keen Targhee 111 on this web site

https://www.switchbacktravel.com/best-hiking-boots

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 08:21:01, 08/09/20 »

Hi Kinkyboots - do you know whether the Anatom Q3 Braeriachs are reasonably wide fitting?

Sorry I don't know the answer. Everybody's idea of what is wide fitting is probably slightly different and as usual it's a case of going to try some.

A trawl through the available online reviews on varoius websites may give you a better idea. The few reviews I've read suggest the toe box is wider than average which may or may not be wide enough for you.

Unfortunately there really is only one way to know for sure.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 09:20:56, 08/09/20 »
Sorry I don't know the answer. Everybody's idea of what is wide fitting is probably slightly different and as usual it's a case of going to try some.

A trawl through the available online reviews on varoius websites may give you a better idea. The few reviews I've read suggest the toe box is wider than average which may or may not be wide enough for you.

Unfortunately there really is only one way to know for sure.

Thanks anyway - think that I will try some on - if I can find someone local with stock, that is.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 15:57:22, 15/09/20 »
@ JazzMan2018

It looks like the Asolo Classic boots you bought and returned have resurfaced for sale on Gumtree this time @ £30 plus post so I hope you've had a full refund for them?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-mens-shoes-boots/asolo-classic-vibram-hiking-boots-brown-leather-uk-11-walking-tri-fusion-suede/1384602311

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 11:23:53, 17/09/20 »

Hi Kinkyboots - do you know whether the Anatom Q3 Braeriachs are reasonably wide fitting?
I bought a pair of Braeriachs a year or two back and found them to be tight , hard and unyielding , so I returned them .

Yet I have two pairs of the Anatom Q2`s and they are a delight to wear .
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 18:04:55, 17/09/20 »
I bought a pair of Braeriachs a year or two back and found them to be tight , hard and unyielding , so I returned them .

Yet I have two pairs of the Anatom Q2`s and they are a delight to wear .

Thanks for the feedback. :)  I've bought some other boots now.

JazzMan2018

« Reply #23 on: 21:11:25, 24/09/20 »
Hi All,

Thanks for all the help and advice

Full refund received from Seller

Now looking at Anatom Q3's from Cotswold - £99. They tried to get 3 pairs in varying sizes to my nearest branch but 2 went astray so I only have size 9.5 to try. I take a size 9 shoe/trainer so extra room for liner/walking socks mean these might be ok

Otherwise maybe Scarpa Terra GTX £160 or Scarpa Ranger 2 GTX £180 - prices per Cotswold website

RSPB members magazine has a 15% off code, valid til end 2020 at Cotswold so may bring prices close to on-line ones with the added ability to try on first

Cheers

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy