Author Topic: Best views, etc in the UK  (Read 3655 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Best views, etc in the UK
« Reply #30 on: 21:19:09, 14/12/18 »
The view into a deserted Kynance Cove, at low tide from above the path from the car park.  Never tire of it different every time with the sea and the seasons. An amazing body boarding spot too. As the waves sweeping in from the Atlantic reflect and interact from the cliff face to form an ever changing series of A frames trying their utmost to throw you on to the rocks.  Heavon on water.

Just don't visit during the summer, as it is full of folk.
« Last Edit: 21:25:07, 14/12/18 by BuzyG »

davengf

« Reply #31 on: 22:57:35, 14/12/18 »

BuzyG -  I was down there in October, camped at Teneriffe Campsite for the night then walked from there to Kynance Cove.
Half term so when I saw the stream of people coming to/fro the carpark, I gave the cafe a miss & looped back to the campsite.
Nice clifftop walk.

Great thing about the UK - For a small group of islands, we are spoiled for choice when it comes to 'Best Views'

Johncharl

« Reply #32 on: 17:48:55, 02/01/19 »
Night climb up Snowdon for the best sunrise you will ever see. Above the cloud base and blue sky. Me and the other half only go at night, one because we are generally on the summit alone and two it puts off the hundreds of tourist ha!

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 19:14:44, 02/01/19 »
Night climb up Snowdon for the best sunrise you will ever see. Above the cloud base and blue sky. Me and the other half only go at night, one because we are generally on the summit alone and two it puts off the hundreds of tourist ha!

I have seen a couple of sunrises from Snowdon’s summit, one complete with a cloud inversion. It is well worth the early start and you can have the summit to yourself.

Johncharl

« Reply #34 on: 19:38:19, 02/01/19 »
@bigfootmike.
Like you I've seen a fair few and no matter what mountain I summit it's the best by far for sunrise. Only other that matches is on the Glyders looking across Tryfan (our have mountain in the world) towards crib goch and Snowdon.. ....now that's a view

Doddy

« Reply #35 on: 14:26:14, 04/01/19 »
+1 for High Cup Nick ,it is special. St Michaels Mount in Cornwall and views of Ailsa Craig in Scotland are also good.

Davidedgarjones

« Reply #36 on: 19:23:38, 04/01/19 »
How about the Black Cuillin from Elgol, which I saw in 1966 and still remember.

Rather more convenient - Kinder Scout from the Shooting Cabin, which is just 30 minutes from my house!

High Cup Nick? Shame visibility was down to 10 yards when I was there.

Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy