Author Topic: Hat for a big head  (Read 3105 times)

marmot

Hat for a big head
« on: 20:18:38, 26/12/07 »
Any recommendations for a warm hat for a large head please (It's in proportion - honestly, I think! - I am nearly 6'5"!)?
I've been around nearly all of the shops in Keswick and they're not catering for the the above average it seems.
I just want a normal, probably fleece-with-lining hat, nothing fancy or necessarily with a logo.
Thanks a lot.

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: Hat for a big head
« Reply #1 on: 12:11:05, 27/12/07 »
Hi my friend has got a bigger then normal head and he wears one by Musto hope this helps  O0
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

marmot

« Reply #2 on: 14:31:11, 27/12/07 »
Thanks, I'll have a look.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:52:10, 27/12/07 »
My partner got a large head, and finds it difficult to get hats for him  that fit's him will he bought one from the TNF which cost about £15:00 pounds and he found it was warm as well.  But lost it later on.  Now he wears   buff and  and a sightly thinner hat from berghaus which cost him £10 pounds from www.gooutddoors.co.uk and said it works just as well. 
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

marmot

« Reply #4 on: 12:21:08, 30/12/07 »
Thanks, the TNF ones were a bit small that I tried, Berghaus were a little better but still a touch small.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:31:03, 30/12/07 »
It depends on the size of you're head really.  My partner head size is a round a size 61 cm which is an extra large,  Now he found the TNF hat just fine.  it just a plain black one and covered his head just fine, Fleece beanie.  It was called there are other try this website out hope it's useful

www.mountainwarehouse.com.

they have one which is a L-XL size called Windy Took Extremities for £21.50 pence which has gore windstopper which doesn't make you look stupid if this didn't fit you could go for a Extremities active X balaclava. 

peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 14:50:57, 30/12/07 »
 ;D My partner got a large head  ;D (sorryW/G )

More so after a night of Rosies  ;D
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:15:24, 30/12/07 »
I have heard they sell quite large hats in Mexico ;D

marmot

« Reply #8 on: 10:07:53, 02/01/08 »
I've ended up getting a cheapie - a Gelert / Thinsulate stretchy fleece one with a lining, it's slightly too small, but livable with, and surprisingly warm for the money.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy