Author Topic: unofficial montane spine/challenger  (Read 27497 times)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: unofficial montane spine/challenger
« Reply #45 on: 20:34:04, 11/01/20 »
Number gone wrong on the approach to Hebden, not sure how unless they're retiring  :-\
Where there's a will ...

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 20:40:57, 11/01/20 »
6 now retired and I presume that 310 and 410 have as well as they are approaching quickly, presumably in a car, towards Hebden Bridge. I can't spot anyone else off course.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 20:47:47, 11/01/20 »
Forecast for tonight".Very difficult conditions; severe wind chill higher terrain. Any mobility tortuous at times; ferocious gusts to some lower slopes, particularly eastern Pennines. " This weather report mentioned a wind chill factor of minus nine.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: 20:51:42, 11/01/20 »
If the same tomorrow night could be another year when they're diverted around Pen y Ghent
Where there's a will ...

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #49 on: 21:02:46, 11/01/20 »
I wonder whats happening at wessenden head? The last two have been stationary there for a few hours and  number 302 and 403, now joined by 407 who turned back from wessenden reservoir! Also two in the mrt race who have deviated from along the flat section after the white house pub, near white holme reservoir.
"if in doubt, flat out"

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 21:08:14, 11/01/20 »
I wonder whats happening at wessenden head? The last two have been stationary there for a few hours and  number 302 and 403, now joined by 407 who turned back from wessenden reservoir! Also two in the mrt race who have deviated from along the flat section after the white house pub, near white holme reservoir.
I guess that they are retiring and waiting for a lift unless they are taking a rest and trying to keep warm and dry.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: 21:10:06, 11/01/20 »
Looks like they are waiting to be collected at Wessenden.

A large group has gathered near the M62 and a couple of trackers have sleep signs showing.They seem to have been there a long time so they must be either retiring or staying with people who have some kind of injury until medical help arrives.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: 21:12:09, 11/01/20 »
504 and 527 appear to have taken a wrong turn by White Holme Reservoir.
« Last Edit: 21:24:09, 11/01/20 by harland »

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: 21:12:57, 11/01/20 »
504 and 507 appear to have taken a wrong turn by White Holme Reservoir.
A very common error in the dark.It seems to happen every year.

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #54 on: 21:15:27, 11/01/20 »
number 507 paul dennis seems to be doing something strange too, got within a few 100m's of wessenden head road point then turned around n went back towards black hill and is now currently of course heading into the wilderness.
"if in doubt, flat out"

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #55 on: 21:19:30, 11/01/20 »
number 507 paul dennis seems to be doing something strange too, got within a few 100m's of wessenden head road point then turned around n went back towards black hill and is now currently of course heading into the wilderness.
I did think they were trying to get some shelter as that stretch will be very exposed, looks like they might have noticed their error. wonder if they can see the others lights across the reservoir??

"if in doubt, flat out"

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: 21:22:47, 11/01/20 »
Most odd.I did notice him heading back up Black Hill but at that time he was on the path.Could it be confusion caused by hypothermia?

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: 21:25:27, 11/01/20 »
Pleased to see that 504 and 527 retracing their steps.

Yorkshiremarv

« Reply #58 on: 21:33:18, 11/01/20 »
Most odd.I did notice him heading back up Black Hill but at that time he was on the path.Could it be confusion caused by hypothermia?
You would think along that section towards wessenden head he would see lights(if there is anyone there and they have them on), at first i thought he must have left something behind but then he headed downhill into the rough but was making good progress, wondered if he was headed towards holme as there is a pub and phone there! If hes clever enough to read a map and see that and not delirious then surely he would know the roads close by!!
"if in doubt, flat out"

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: 21:37:03, 11/01/20 »
504 and 527 now back on track.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy