Author Topic: More Suffolk lockdown walks and a couple of strange photos thrown in  (Read 820 times)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
So I am writing this while we are in the middle of the Beast from the East 2 ( sounds like some sort of horror film sequel!) We managed a 2 mile walk around the village this morning to get the paper before the worst of it, but even in that short time our footprints had disappeared from the drive when we got back. We’ve probably got about 5inches now and the wind has got up even more. No photos of today though as 1) I forgot my phone and 2) I wouldn’t have taken my 2 pairs of gloves off to enable me to take a photo anyway.
I thought I’d give you a taste of our walks around our local Suffolk countryside over the last two weeks. Although the photos are not all exactly countryside, also one or two strange things we’ve seen. The fields are just so muddy at the moment it’s not enjoyable walking the footpaths so we’ve kept mainly to quiet lanes and come up with one or two new routes. We did manage a couple days on the fields when it was frosty though. We’ve walked anywhere between 1.7 miles ( that’s the circuit of our village which is done only on very wet days) to just over 6 miles.

A frosty walk across the fields

The back of Hasketon Hall

Christmas tree anyone?

Pig and elephant out the front of a nursery school!

Gt Bealings church

These alpacas are actually in the field opposite our house. They usually live a couple of fields away but they were in here for about a week, a source of entertainment for the kiddies in the village

Pylon “monkeys” you can just see a man halfway up the pylon, we passed them on several walks cleaning/painting(?) them

Aconites and snowdrops

We came across these deer in a field, bit blurry as I tried to zoom in. Not sure if they are roe or fallow deer

GnP

• Veteran Member
A really great taste of your Suffolk countryside..Like the lake and reflections , plus those aconites in the sunshine .  O0
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Nice pics RR. I know it's not the best photo but lovely to see all the deer.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Like the reflections in the pond, and the flooded field with the church in the background (nice colours). Always find it interesting to see member's photos of parts of the country that I don't know.

PS - I wonder whether they remembered to turn the electricity off!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Jac

• Veteran Member
The aconites are lovely. I don't recall seeing them down in here in Devon.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
The aconites are lovely. I don't recall seeing them down in here in Devon.

I remember them in the field behind my childhood home in Lincolnshire, competing with the snowdrops. Lovely.
Tried planting some in Grange last autumn, none came up. :(
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Mel

• Veteran Member
Lovely. Liking the frosty Xmas trees  :)

April

• Veteran Member
Nice pics RR, love the alpacas  O0
Hate will never win

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Thanks all. Expecting a bit of flooding when the snow we now have melts.

shortwalker

• Veteran Member
I must confess that although I come from Suffolk it is an area I have never visited. Have been "over the road" to Sutton Hoo and Rendlesham Forest (when Bentwaters was active)

You never know I may get back that way sometime.
Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic.

Van Morrison

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy