Author Topic: Every Autumn Photo Tells a Story  (Read 28328 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
Every Autumn Photo Tells a Story
« on: 21:26:45, 20/09/16 »
 Big thanks to all those who supported my last posts.

As a mountaineer and walker who loves to take photos, like many, I have thousands of photos stored and gathering dust, some are naff some are ok. They cover a wide range of activities in fact anything that gives me an excuse to go walking, scrambling, climbing, mountaineering. 
Yes once again variety will be the name of the game this time with an autumn feel, hopefully there will still be something for everyone, if anyone wants to contribute feel free. 
Remember each photo has its own story and this is my way of trying to put them to use.
« Last Edit: 07:25:23, 21/09/16 by midweekmountain »

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
Re: Every Autumn Photo Tells a Story
« Reply #1 on: 21:40:19, 20/09/16 »

Time Spent in reconnaissance   

Our final hill  of the day would be Fleetwith Pike via a banana stop at Dubs Quarry Bothy, Jekyll and Hyde hill this one, boring from Honister BUT has one of the bestest footpaths in the area descending the ridge to Buttermere.

Follow link for full story and more photos  Time Spent in Reconasaince
« Last Edit: 22:01:40, 20/09/16 by midweekmountain »

domtheone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:59:11, 20/09/16 »
Great pic that of one of the best spots in the Lakes (imo).   Can't wait to do that ridge (in ascent) from Buttermere.
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

Strider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:55:32, 20/09/16 »
Beautiful pictures Stuart  O0
Not all those who wander are lost

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 07:42:32, 21/09/16 »
Thanks guys will defo be going back there next summer for the sunset.

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:04:37, 28/09/16 »

Great Gable via Napes Traverse and Westmorland Crag scramble.

Next morning we wake to misty conditions, plan A is to walk up to Napes via Taylor Gill then one of the best run of scrambles in the Lake District Threading the Needle, Napes Traverse, Sphinx Ridge then up to Westmorland Crag, topping out at the Cairn approx 200m from the summit of Great Gable.

https://everypiccytellsastory.blogspot.co.uk
« Last Edit: 16:56:16, 28/09/16 by midweekmountain »

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 16:12:35, 28/09/16 »

Time Spent in reconnaissance   

Our final hill  of the day would be Fleetwith Pike via a banana stop at Dubs Quarry Bothy, Jekyll and Hyde hill this one, boring from Honister BUT has one of the bestest footpaths in the area descending the ridge to Buttermere.

Follow link for full story and more photos  Time Spent in Reconasaince

VERY NICE. Minor niggle - the horizon is ever so slightly tilted, don't think it detracts from it though, probably just my OCD.

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 07:55:22, 29/09/16 »

VERY NICE. Minor niggle - the horizon is ever so slightly tilted, don't think it detracts from it though, probably just my OCD.

Thanks Glyno, as I said it was a recce visit I really want the sunset shot.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 09:48:50, 29/09/16 »
Looking forward to more great photos MWM, these are tantalising - the Napes traverse almost looking Mediterranean in that sun  O0
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 14:32:19, 29/09/16 »
Lovely picture of Napes Needle MWM, it brings back the memory of climbing it, but more a memory of a great climbing friend I had in my early 20's. We camped in Wasdale and climbed Napes Needle finishing the day with a bit of walking, we were descending on some great scree and moving very fast, when looking over my shoulder I saw my friend, seemingly floating on my shoulder, he was upside down with his rucksack about 24in from the scree flying headfirst down hill.

It took me some time to ease off the speed so when I could stop a look behind me Pete came bounding by shouting 'What you waiting for'.

When we got to the bottom he said he took a bit of a tumble on the way down, I described the position I had seen him in. We never did work out how he had managed to flip over and turn about face to land on his feet.

BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 16:36:42, 29/09/16 »
Looking forward to more great photos MWM, these are tantalising - the Napes traverse almost looking Mediterranean in that sun

Yes indeed its got me thinking of another euro wintersun trip.

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 19:37:42, 29/09/16 »
Lovely picture of Napes Needle MWM, it brings back the memory of climbing it, but more a memory of a great climbing friend I had in my early 20's. We camped in Wasdale and climbed Napes Needle finishing the day with a bit of walking, we were descending on some great scree and moving very fast, when looking over my shoulder I saw my friend, seemingly floating on my shoulder, he was upside down with his rucksack about 24in from the scree flying headfirst down hill.

It took me some time to ease off the speed so when I could stop a look behind me Pete came bounding by shouting 'What you waiting for'.

When we got to the bottom he said he took a bit of a tumble on the way down, I described the position I had seen him in. We never did work out how he had managed to flip over and turn about face to land on his feet.
Srcee running eh,
Hardly ever hear that mentioned nowadays, takes me back to my early teens, on a school youth hostelling trip to the Lakes.
40 kids out on a walk and they took us down a scree run next to Pike O'Stickle, it was brill
We were instucted to sit down if we lost balance, one girl fell forward and really  chewed her face up.

I had a peek down the old scree run last time I was there, could not believe I had been down there on a school trip.
Could you imagine the consequences if that happened today!!!!!!!!

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 10:23:05, 30/09/16 »
Srcee running eh,
I had a peek down the old scree run last time I was there, could not believe I had been down there on a school trip.
Could you imagine the consequences if that happened today!!!!!!!!

One of the pleasures of a misguided childhood in another age, perhaps  8)

Bird's nesting being another  :o

BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 12:08:04, 30/09/16 »

The more I see of humanity the more I love my dog, well if I had a dog!!!!!  

Once again variety is the name of the game so heres something completely different, yes a city walk in London, hope you like the photos.  

Follow link for full story and more photos   London Calling  

PeakRambler

« Reply #14 on: 13:24:57, 30/09/16 »
Keep the photos coming, the time is close for some decent colours, the yellows, golds, browns and reds of autumn, plus inversions and those long shadows.  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy