Author Topic: Blacks selling oex tents... Cheap!  (Read 1464 times)

Ronin83

Blacks selling oex tents... Cheap!
« on: 12:55:11, 20/04/20 »
So it seems blacks/millets are selling the oex brand tents which is go outdoors' own brand. Maybe they did a deal, no biggie.
The things is they are selling some of them the same or even cheaper than go outdoors. If its go outdoors' brand, how can they do this?
Well, I took advantage anyway and got the oex phoxx 1v2 for just under £40. The new version of the phoxx 1. Defo worth checking out their deals at the mo.

motorlaunch

Re: Blacks selling oex tents... Cheap!
« Reply #1 on: 13:05:55, 20/04/20 »
They are all the same company.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:12:02, 20/04/20 »
As motorlaunch has pointed out Blacks, Millets, Ultimate Outdoors, Tiso and Go Outdoors (and possibly a few other well known "named" retail outlets) are all now part of the JD Sports Fashion PLC Group of companies under the same ownership.

Any supposed competition on prices that you may see between these "brands" is purely smoke and mirrors deliberately intended to mislead the public into believing they are getting a bargain. If you watch closely over a period of time you will see that the supposed "bargain prices" rotate between themselves.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:09:54, 20/04/20 »
As motorlaunch has pointed out Blacks, Millets, Ultimate Outdoors, Tiso and Go Outdoors (and possibly a few other well known "named" retail outlets) are all now part of the JD Sports Fashion PLC Group of companies under the same ownership.

Any supposed competition on prices that you may see between these "brands" is purely smoke and mirrors deliberately intended to mislead the public into believing they are getting a bargain. If you watch closely over a period of time you will see that the supposed "bargain prices" rotate between themselves.
Geesh, thanks for that.! O0
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Ronin83

« Reply #4 on: 22:46:47, 26/04/20 »
I've had loads of texts from blacks saying my order is delayed cos of covid etc etc.
Tonight I suddenly got the dreaded refund and message saying they're out of stock.
The thing is the tent is still for sale on blacks and millets website.
Dirty [censored].
Also, as its a new model I assume it will be back in stock at some point at full price.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy