Author Topic: How do you tie your boots?  (Read 960 times)

dank86

How do you tie your boots?
« on: 00:46:48, 12/07/18 »
I was chatting with a walking friend and he asked why I tie my laces differently. I said for me it provides more support around the ankle and with the extra support my foot doesn't slip and it's reduced blisters.

So im curious, how do you tie your boots?

This is how I do mine https://youtu.be/xH1JxDS54HI

RogerA

Re: How do you tie your boots?
« Reply #1 on: 09:17:02, 12/07/18 »
interesting video, I'd never considered that there was more than one way to tie laces - I dont do anything like as complicated as you. Perhaps its a solution to a problem I dont have

dank86

« Reply #2 on: 09:36:20, 12/07/18 »
Yep I'd never considered it either lol Ive looked into it out of curiosity and I've been shocked at how many ways there are to tie and laces shoes and boots!

That's kind of why I shared it's not something we think about but it can make a massive difference to comfort

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:10:01, 12/07/18 »
I tend to lace the entire boot/shoe the way you have done the last section on the ankle.The idea is to take the stress off the metatarsals/instep.It was a method I found in a book written by the New Zealand marathon coach,Ron Lydiard.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 11:26:44, 12/07/18 »
I've used the surgeons lock technique for years as it helps prevent heel lift, and thus any tendency to heel blisters.  Yet again though we're all different so it's what works best for you.
Where there's a will ...

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:35:42, 12/07/18 »
I do similar to your video. Though not quit that many under and overs.  Where is Eddie Waring when you need him.

dank86

« Reply #6 on: 17:38:41, 12/07/18 »
You can do it with 2 instead of 3 over/unders I found for me that 2 can wiggle themselves loose over the day and the tension loosens giving some wiggle room

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy