Author Topic: Coast to Coast live attempt.  (Read 6723 times)

Slogger

• Veteran Member
Coast to Coast live attempt.
« on: 11:02:25, 16/07/16 »
For anyone interested LWM (Lightweight Mick) set off this morning (Saturrday 16th July) at 4.45am from Robin Hoods Bay on his 4/5 day East to West attempt. Micks route is not the AW one but a more direct shortest possible one that he has plotted.
You can follow him live via his SPOT tracker on the link below:-
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=03nKdKVzMVSCQ5BGOm050v6pHQTOS6y5v

Slogger

• Veteran Member
Re: Coast to Coast live attempt.
« Reply #1 on: 10:52:43, 17/07/16 »
Mick was just around 6 miles short of target last night, but set off around 5am this morning heading for Keld. It will be a tall order today for him, but he seems to be moving well. His tracker is not updating every 10 minutes, going over an hour between at one point.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:28:39, 17/07/16 »
 Seems to be going okay.Its is a bit of a tall order to reach Keld by tonight but he might do it provided he dosen't suffer from any injuries or blisters.I should imagine he is finding it hard going in this warm weather,especially in the Vale of Mowbray.Did he get to the finish last time or was he stopped by injury in the Lakes?

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:05:17, 17/07/16 »
Looks like he will make Keld tonight.Amazing what home-brewed cider does for you!

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:52:08, 17/07/16 »
He walked past our house today when he came through Richmond. it's a shame if I'd have known about it, I would have popped out and walked along for five minutes, fed him a chocolate bar or summat.  (Only five minutes though, I'm not sure I could have kept up with his pace!)

Good luck to him.

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:20:24, 17/07/16 »
He's reached his destination in Keld, a real spirited day from Mick today, very determined, he is now over halfway through his route and bang on schedule.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 15:00:35, 18/07/16 »
 He has arrived in Tebay at 14.28 hrs.Really good performance from Mick.

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:13:16, 18/07/16 »
Mick is just approaching the steep drop off into Longsleddale, with around 10 mile to Waterhead to go, he should arrive there between 11pm and Midnight. It's been very warm today so he is moving very well, hotter tomorrow on his last day, or he may decide to roll it over into day 5.

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 22:26:34, 18/07/16 »
Very impressivie.   O0 O0

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 23:06:17, 18/07/16 »
Mick has stopped in Kentmere at around 10pm. he must be knacked after a day in the heat, tomorrow will test him tremendously as it will be hotter. It will now go into the 5 th day. These things are so hard when the weather conditions go against you, however he is still doing extremely well and can be truly proud of himself.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 10:53:59, 19/07/16 »
 Reached Ambleside at 10.30 hrs,seems to be going really well and probably has around 40 miles to go.If he walks through  the night he might finish inside four days.A truly remarkable effort considering the conditions and the problems he has had in the past.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 19:35:59, 19/07/16 »
 Looks like he will hit the coast tonight as he is near to Santon Bridge.Not too sure where is is going to finish but I should imagine it will be either Ravenglass or Seascale.Must have been really hard going in this heat but everything seems to have finally come together and I am sure he will be pleased with this performance.A real lesson in tenacity and refusing to give up.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 23:03:32, 19/07/16 »
 Not far to St Bees now,tracker shows road walk to Egremont followed by another road walk to St Bees.His final time will possibly be around  3 days 19 hours.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 07:47:53, 20/07/16 »
 Mick arrived in St Bees at 02.23hrs,approx 3 day 21 hours and 45 minutes for a coast to coast walk whilst backpacking.Final days walking in this heat was around 19 hours non-stop.Well done,Mick,brilliant effort.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy