Author Topic: I always shave in the morning!  (Read 3059 times)

MarkT

Re: I always shave in the morning!
« Reply #15 on: 20:45:30, 17/07/19 »
All im saying on this post is that Dyffryn Ardudwy, you are so wrong.......

But thanks for referring to people who have stubble or a beard as "down and out"  I reckon Sir Richard Branson has more money than you and owns more houses than you....Is he a down and out?

Being insecure about yourself? If that's what you believe? Or are you talking about personal experiences?

So just because  men or women don't have a shave everyday means that they are not proud about their experience? Really? Why do you think that?

I have to say this is the worst and most rubbish post I have ever read, so I will give credit for that but everything else is so wrong.

In reference to original post, I shave the morning I go away and never take a razor with me, I don't have a problem with stubble but if other people do, get over it!!!!  :)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 20:48:10, 17/07/19 »
I use an epilator  -  much quicker and easier than waxing 

I think a moustache gives a man a certain something   :D

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 21:01:42, 17/07/19 »
During the week I'm up at around four o'clock so don't shave until evening. I use a wet shave. Don't bother at weekend or when backpacking. If you're out in the wilds with no one around who cares what you look like, nobody's going to see. After two or three weeks it does get a bit "wild man of Borneo" ish I have a set of hair clippers which do the job very quickly.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 21:09:37, 17/07/19 »
Well I've had lots of different styles of beards on and off over the years, and I rather like them  :)
I don't shave when wild camping, I'm too busy enjoying the moment to be bothered by a bit of stubble,
And I'm not so insecure about my appearance, I'm not worried what other people think of me,
Heres  a link for ya

https://youtu.be/y0zpVFi_Rnc
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 21:17:04, 17/07/19 »
I don’t normally shave at weekends or every day when on holiday. I don’t like full beards, as they seem to get very itchy, but prefer some stubble to shaving every day. I don’t care if people think I look a bit scruffy. It has never got me thrown out of anywhere posh.

I currently use Liz Earle Shave Cream. It is not cheap but seems to last for ever, as you use very little. Some water would be needed, but not much. It is not oily.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 19:48:56, 18/07/19 »

I was about to ask what the ladies here thought about it. Must be like kissing a brush?  :-\

Not at all vg.  In fact, the sensation of a mustache or short beard gently grazing ones skin can be rather stimulating. :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 20:32:09, 18/07/19 »
I started my beard on a week long camping trip in September 1984 and haven't touched a razor since - one of the better decisions that I have made during my 58 years on this planet.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 07:39:09, 19/07/19 »
Not at all vg.  In fact, the sensation of a mustache or short beard gently grazing ones skin can be rather stimulating. :D 

Memories :D :smitten: 

So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 08:30:16, 19/07/19 »
I used to use shaving oil when travelling, a little goes a long way.  Day to day I use an electric razor and always shave before setting out for the day so I have no goatee to plait, unlike Mel.  However, I am working on the hairs now sprouting out of my nose and ears since they stopped growing on my head and I reckon if I stopped my barber trimming my eyebrows as well I could achieve some impressive facial topiary.
Given how it sprouts from every orifice I have to lament: once I had a full head of hair, now I appear to have a head full of hair.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 10:31:25, 19/07/19 »
In fact, the sensation of a mustache or short beard gently grazing ones skin can be rather stimulating. :D

Memories :D :smitten:

This thread is perilously close to crossing the line...  :)

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 11:18:42, 19/07/19 »

I think a moustache gives a man a certain something   :D

........ the sensation of a mustache or short beard gently grazing ones skin can be rather stimulating. :D 

I feel this is all very ' Magnum ' influenced: And I don't mean the chocolate ice cream nor the rather large calibre pistol varieties either......
I'm sure you ladies (and maybe bloke(s)) know who I mean  8)

Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 11:21:39, 19/07/19 »

.....Heres  a link for ya

https://youtu.be/y0zpVFi_Rnc

You made my day with that combination beefy [ZZ Beck]  O0  .......... Oh no, there's that Magnum connection again  :o
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 13:50:09, 19/07/19 »
Just look at all the worlds heartthrobs, in the eyes of the ladies that is.
George Clooney, is always near the top of the list, and he is alway's cleanly shaved.

Back to a different era, Carey Grant, Clarke Gable, Ray Milland, James Stewart, the list goes on, all beautifully clean shaven, real magnets to the girls.

Just look at what a beard did to Charlton Hestons amazing looks, when he played the role of Moses in "The Ten Commandments"   Blimey he looked old, it aged him terribly.

Possibly a beard, like tattoos, is a more recent addition, or fad, some women find it attractive, but i bet most prefer a handsome gentleman with a splash of pong behind his ears.

Somehow i how cannot imagine Fred Astaire or Gene Kelley strutting their stuff with a full set.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 13:55:06, 19/07/19 »

DA - who cares?

I go camping for the pleasure of being close to nature in wild places, not to conform to some outdated stereotype.  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 14:15:27, 19/07/19 »
Just look at all the worlds heartthrobs, in the eyes of the ladies that is.
George Clooney, is always near the top of the list, and he is alway's cleanly shaved.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy