Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276566 times)

Oldtramp

Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1065 on: 19:27:35, 26/03/20 »
Normal for Norfolk.

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1066 on: 22:11:45, 26/03/20 »
I am getting out for a walk every day. Three miles around my village, or 5 - 6 miles to nearby villages. Getting a bit bored now, but it's nice to be out in this glorious sunshine. Wish I could go a bit further afield but not allowed to drive anywhere.
ilona

Yorci

« Reply #1067 on: 23:33:00, 26/03/20 »
Well I haven't been out for over a week now, this working at home marlarky is not recommended. I've now got 4 days off, ho where to go and what to do. Well the Peak District is out. Looks like I might go for a walk around my garden, might even take the lawnmower for a walk. :-\
Leave only footprints, take only memories and photographs.
Life is short, time is fast, no re-play or rewind, enjoy every moment and make it count.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1068 on: 12:28:39, 27/03/20 »
We went out for a walk and to get some more eggs.  Tragedy!  The sign on the box by the farm gate said they had no eggs of their own as their hens were not laying.  They promised to have some eggs from elsewhere in about an hour's time so we extended our walk.  Not sure if that counts as exercise or shopping.  Got back an hour later and stood around for a fair while in the sun chatting to a couple of customers from a respectful distance and finally the lady with the eggs pitched up.  It turns out they have 9000 new hens and today they got one small egg from the lot of them.  They should be in lay in about 2 weeks,  On the way back I dropped into the village shop and picked up some milk and beer so all is well for the time being.  The hot pasties smelled good so I don't have anosmia either.  Very impressed by how people were keeping their distance.
Going to order a take away from the pub tonight to have a break from cooking.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1069 on: 12:58:40, 27/03/20 »
Well the moors are now off limits unless I walk there as part of my daily exercise, which would be a bit daft.  Gardens looking like a pin.  One car is in for MoT. That will be getting a good wipe down before I even get back in it.  Still four other cars to wash so that is my plan for the weekend.  Plus some local walking down on the river.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1070 on: 18:05:12, 27/03/20 »
Walking the roads and lanes from home - avoiding most footpaths as they are narrow and quite busy. Exeter being in the Exe valley all walks start with an up and it's over half an hour before I really leave the city, and the sound of emergency sirens, behind. Discovering things I've never noticed when driving past.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1071 on: 23:30:29, 28/03/20 »
.... I might go for a walk around my garden, might even take the lawnmower for a walk. :-\

Definitely requires a trip report!

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1072 on: 23:35:10, 28/03/20 »
Looks like I might go for a walk around my garden, might even take the lawnmower for a walk. :-\
I saw on the BBC news that someone ran the equivalent of a marathon running around his garden. I think it was over 800 laps and there was no grass left on his track.

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1073 on: 09:03:24, 29/03/20 »
I saw on the BBC news that someone ran the equivalent of a marathon running around his garden. I think it was over 800 laps and there was no grass left on his track.
15 m by 10 m garden would do do that.
With my tiny garden, I can run a shorter marathon.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1074 on: 09:12:25, 29/03/20 »
15 m by 10 m garden would do do that.
With my tiny garden, I can run a shorter marathon.
It would take me about 250 to 260 laps of the garden for a marathon. 800 laps would be about 130km, which would be a bit far for my age, fitness and fatness. Actually, a marathon would be too far for me.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1075 on: 09:34:44, 29/03/20 »
Yesterday, I walking safely along what is normally a busy, windy road with no footpath where I usually drive I came to the temporary traffic lights. They were were at red.  I stopped ...........................

So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1076 on: 10:26:02, 29/03/20 »
I went out for a short walk on Friday early evening and it was so strange, not a car or person in sight. At the end of our road there is main road and just to amuse myself I walked home in the middle of it using the centre white line to guide me back to base. A few joggers are now beginning to leave the pavements and run in the road, a symbolic 'we own the streets now' perhaps.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1077 on: 10:55:01, 29/03/20 »
At last! A good news story!
Solvitur Ambulando

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1078 on: 11:21:26, 29/03/20 »
Don't you end up with one leg much more developed than the other?

I guess he turned round sometimes and went the other way.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1079 on: 11:23:58, 29/03/20 »
Perhaps it is a cunning plan to slowly build a moat without Planning Permission?
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy