Author Topic: Hiking Boots for UK Size 9 Female Feet  (Read 2017 times)

kbrady

Hiking Boots for UK Size 9 Female Feet
« on: 12:34:40, 10/01/08 »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site and was hoping that some of you on here might be able to help me out. I have been trying for the past while to find a pair of hiking boots but no joy. I'm female and have a UK size 9 foot.

What usually happens is that I go into an outdoor store only to find out that the maximum size they stock in ladies hiking boots is a UK 8. And then the real fun begins: often I'm told "it's a large fitting boot - try it anyway". I always do and it never fits. Then they move into the men's hiking boots and I try on a range of different makes and models only to have my heel slipping or my foot shifting from side to side or my toes taking the full pressure when I try walking downhill on the test ramp. The next suggestion is often to add a footbed to take up the extra room, stop my heel slipping, foot shifting, etc. I have yet to find the addition of a footbed which works well.

Does anyone out there have any advice for me? Are there hiking boot manufacturers who actually make a ladies hiking boot in a UK size 9 and 10? Does any UK outdoor shops stock such boots for women?

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I'm really eager to get out and hike in Devon and Wales, but my current footwear just doesn't give my feet the support they need.

Many thanks in advance  :)

Karen

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Hiking Boots for UK Size 9 Female Feet
« Reply #1 on: 12:00:11, 28/01/08 »
Google is your friend :)

A number of websites including www.outdoorclothing.co.uk say that the Brasher Ladies Hill-Master Classic GTX comes in a ladies 9 though I could not find it on the Brasher site, I wonder if it is an old style.

It may be worth trying to find a stockist in your area who has them.

kbrady

Re: Hiking Boots for UK Size 9 Female Feet
« Reply #2 on: 13:48:51, 30/01/08 »
Hi Ridge,

Thanks for your reply. Funny you should mention the Brasher Ladies Hill Master!  After reading some recommendations on this forum for Lockwoods in Warwickshire, I headed up to them a couple of weekends ago. I was delighted to be able to try on 4-5 different pairs of boots which were all close matches with my feet. I ended up going for the Brasher Ladies Hill Master.

It seems that they are the only model Brasher make in a ladies UK size 9. How bizarre to recognise the need for a ladies size 9, yet only make one model to that size.

Anyway I am a happy little walker now :) Did my first reasonable walk around Dartington in Devon on Sunday. The boots feel good. My only concern is that they feel a little roomy on the sides of the heel when I am on rocks - I would like my heels to feel a little snugger in the boots. Something a reheat and reshape of the boot heel might fix? To be continued ....

Cheers,
Karen

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy