Author Topic: Hello from Cumbria  (Read 1759 times)

emdaw

Re: Hello from Cumbria
« Reply #15 on: 11:56:03, 19/02/20 »
Lovely country - my grandparents lived in the Brampton area.

Off to Castle Carrock for the Music on the Marr festival in July :)

Not managed to get to Music on the Marr yet as we always seem to be on a walk, last year it was the Dales Highway and this year think its going to clash with Pennine Way this year.  Nice pub in Castle Carrock.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 17:58:46, 19/02/20 »
Thankfully we are a couple of miles uphill from the Eden. Yes we can be out on the Pennines in August and not see another person, Cumrew fell is one of our local routes.

Welcome  :)

We are almost neighbours, I live approx. 3 miles east of Carlisle. Have you walked in Geltsdale yet? It is a lovely valley  :)
Hate will never win

emdaw

« Reply #17 on: 11:14:18, 20/02/20 »
Welcome  :)

We are almost neighbours, I live approx. 3 miles east of Carlisle. Have you walked in Geltsdale yet? It is a lovely valley  :)

Thanks April yes we have done a nice circular walk leaving the car at Newbiggen up onto the fell then dropping back into Geltside to Jockey Shield then to the reservoir then back to Newbiggen.  That was in the summer when it was dry underfoot and I seem to remember it was a hot day and we had that strange thing called 'Sun'!!!  8)

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 20:37:13, 20/02/20 »
That was in the summer when it was dry underfoot and I seem to remember it was a hot day and we had that strange thing called 'Sun'!!!  8)

:) There looks like there might be a glimpse of sunshine on Sunday  :o
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy