Author Topic: Red  (Read 3218 times)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Red
« Reply #15 on: 18:37:53, 06/11/18 »
Fantastic pictures!  O0

I'd love to see a red squirrel in real life.

They are also here...

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/formby/trails/formby-red-squirrel-walk

...and on the Isle of Wight!
I took these a few years ago...

One ran up my leg and sat on my arm while I fed it some nuts! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:55:45, 06/11/18 »
A few years ago my wife and I were sat eating lunch by a path in Grizedale forest when a Red Squirrel appeared on a branch in a tree just opposite us. Shortly afterwards a large group of ramblers walked directly underneath it chatting amongst themselves while they went. Not one of them noticed the squirrel which seemed totally unperturbed by their passing. I am sure that it would have made their day if just one of them had taken the time to just look around.

My wife and I once stayed in a small hotel facing one side of the harbour on the Greek island of Antiparos, where every evening we sat on our 1st floor balcony with post-beach and shower / pre-dinner drinks watching numbers of larger-than-average bats swooping around the streetlights below us. The bats were flying only a little way above the heads of all the passers-by, who were always completely oblivious of them. There was only one occasion when a little blonde Scandinavian girl looked up and spotted them, and pointed them out to her mother.

gary m

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 17:07:30, 07/11/18 »
Brilliant photos
you have 1 life live it

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 11:52:37, 08/11/18 »
Wow, those pictures are amazing, Sunnydale!  O0

We've been to Formby a couple of times but never seen any unfortunately... Still, it's a nice beach to stroll along too so it wasn't a wasted journey.

Anglesey sounds like a good bet and it's somewhere I'd like to do more walking. Thanks again, Fernman for the tip.  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy