Author Topic: Petzl belay device recall  (Read 482 times)

angry climber

• Account Closed
Petzl belay device recall
« on: 04:43:55, 24/06/11 »
Petzl has had to issue a recall for all Grigri 2s with the first five digits of the serial number between 10326 and 11136. Some have been returned where the handle has stuck open. If you own one or have any concerns call 01539 625493 Lyon Equipment is the uk supplier.
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
Re: Petzl belay device recall
« Reply #1 on: 04:58:07, 24/06/11 »
Good call, even though I had posted details revealed in Grough Magazine recently.    O0
Just to add to that, Cotswold Outdoor posted on Twitter that any bought from them, they would happily take back.   O0 O0

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: 05:39:51, 24/06/11 »
Petzl have to be carefull I remember earlier they had a massive recall of Via Ferrata lanyards that they had issues with. The French brand have a good rep but things like this have a massive effect on that. Just look at what happened with Toyota.
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

legs-o-lead

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 07:58:46, 24/06/11 »
Aye, this was all in the latest Summit mag that popped onto my hall carpet a few days ago.... worrying stuff.......

wish Shimano would recall all their 9 and 8-speed chains too.. but that's a different story all together !
Courage doesn't always roar like a lion. Sometimes courage is a small voice at the end of a long hard day saying "I'll try again tomorrow".

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy