Author Topic: TR - Yorkshire Three Peaks, and Hull Pot  (Read 3458 times)

harry_keogh

TR - Yorkshire Three Peaks, and Hull Pot
« on: 14:15:26, 14/06/17 »
I'll stick 2 posts here as I forgot to post the first a few weeks back.

Post 1: The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge with the Outdoor Bloggers group. What started as a pretty awful day weather-wise turned out quite nice by the end. This is the third time I've done the challenge and this time was considerably easier than the last time which was done at night in icy conditions.

Trip Report: The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge

Post 2. The morning after the Three Peaks challenge, we took a short walk up to see Hull Pot. I never realised that it was so close to the 3 peaks route, otherwise I'd have taken a minor diversion the day before to take a look. I was tempted to take a walk back up to Pen-y-ghent too seeing as visibility the day before was virtually zero, however we were unfortunately short on time as I had several people to taxi home.

Trip Report: Hull Pot from Horton-in-Ribblesdale

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: TR - Yorkshire Three Peaks, and Hull Pot
« Reply #1 on: 10:14:14, 15/06/17 »
Nice one, I really must visit Hull Pot :o
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:40:10, 18/06/17 »
Great TRs. The Y3P one took me back - I'm jealous of your second wind coming off Ingleborough! Fir me that stretch was agonising as my joints seized up.

You have reminded me that Hull Pot is on my list. Thanks for including the various routes too.

harry_keogh

« Reply #3 on: 22:21:49, 28/06/17 »
Great TRs. The Y3P one took me back - I'm jealous of your second wind coming off Ingleborough! Fir me that stretch was agonising as my joints seized up.

You have reminded me that Hull Pot is on my list. Thanks for including the various routes too.

No worries! Thanks for reading

photonut

« Reply #4 on: 09:21:14, 05/07/17 »
That's a nice pic of Hull Pot Harry.  Last time I was there it would have been nice to take a similar picture myself... sadly Pen-y-Ghent was in cloud.  I think the cloud base was about 100ft above where I was at Hull Pot.

Have you ever seen the water fall running there?

Cheers
Lee
« Last Edit: 10:08:22, 05/07/17 by photonut »

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 09:53:29, 05/07/17 »
Spent a week walking from Horton and the locals told of a time when Hull Pot filled with water to overflowing, what would the force of the water be from the outfall lower down, now that would be something to see.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

One F

« Reply #6 on: 17:22:13, 05/07/17 »
Spent a week walking from Horton and the locals told of a time when Hull Pot filled with water to overflowing, what would the force of the water be from the outfall lower down, now that would be something to see.

In the Pen y Ghent cafe, in Horton, there is a newspaper cutting on the wall showing a picture of Hull Pot full of water. IIRC the article dates from the mid 1990's and was obviously taken after a shower or two of Ribblesdale rain.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy